Author Topic: Focus Stacking on IOS  (Read 1833 times)

TundraSpyder

• Respect: +1
Focus Stacking on IOS
« on: October 07, 2020, 11:48:01 AM »
What app are you guys using for Focus stacking in IOS? I would like to see if it works without transferring to a computer.2

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1569
Re: Focus Stacking on IOS
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 01:27:23 PM »
I honestly don't know that there has been one created for ios.  Not one that I've been able to find anyway.
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA

Philip H

• Crew
  • Respect: +1527
    • Layout Progress Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 02:07:24 PM »
There was a thread on this over at MRH on this earlier this week, and they mentioned something called Camera Pixels.  I looked it up but haven't tried it yet.
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.

"Yes there are somethings that are "off;" but hey, so what." ~ Wyatt

"I'm trying to have less cranial rectal inversion with this." - Ed K.

"There's more to MRR life than the Wheezy & Nowheresville." C855B

TundraSpyder

• Respect: +1
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 05:02:24 PM »
I tried Camera pixels. Says it does it, but I can't get it to work. I got it to take 227 pictures of the same thing though. :-)

garethashenden

• Crew
  • Respect: +1238
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2020, 11:30:01 AM »
I tried Camera pixels. Says it does it, but I can't get it to work. I got it to take 227 pictures of the same thing though. :-)

You need a phone with two or three cameras first. Then click on "Mode", then "Focus Bracket". Next, go into "Set" and choose the number of images you want to take and the depth of focus you want. Take the picture, hold the phone as still as possible. After that you'll need to import the images into something that can do the focus stacking. Helicon Focus, Affinity Photo, etc. and merge them all into a single image. This app can't do the merging, but as far as I'm aware this is the first iOS app that can do the capturing, which is a good first step.

dougnelson

• Crew
  • Respect: +2064
    • PRR N Scale
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2020, 03:01:00 PM »
Not sure about an app, but I regularly create photo stacks on iPhone by simply touching the screen to move the focal point and create as many exposures that I want.  I then transfer to the computer for processing by Helicon Focus.  I have used this method for entire articles published in RMC and elsewhere.