Author Topic: Buncha diesel & steam detail parts at BLW firesale  (Read 1198 times)

OldEastRR

• Crew
  • Respect: +284
Buncha diesel & steam detail parts at BLW firesale
« on: December 31, 2020, 12:07:52 AM »
Never heard of the company before. But it looks like Pete found a stash of these things during his cleaning out the store. They appear to be specific to certain manufacturers' version of locos. They're waaaaay down on the clearance sale list if you want to look at them. They appear to be metal castings.

reinhardtjh

• Crew
  • Respect: +328
Re: Buncha diesel & steam detail parts at BLW firesale
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 12:08:24 PM »

A quick online search doesn't find much for "Scale Replicas".  I did find a page on the N Scale Supply site for a bumch of items that have been long sold out.

https://www.nscalesupply.com/sca/sca.html

The name doesn't ring any bells to me.
John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566

porkypine52

• Crew
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 12:58:02 PM »
Never heard of BROOKLYN LOCOMOTIVE WORKS ?????  You must be NEW to N-Scale.   Pete was one of the early N-Scale suppliers.  Gives GREAT service and very fair prices.  I have NO idea how much I have spent there, and I don't care.  Check out the website for deals and odds & ends.  Was/is one of MTL biggest Vendors.  BLW:   https://www.brooklynlocomotiveworks.com/
  If it's out there in N-Scale, BLW will find it.

DIESELS ?!?!?! We Don't Need NO Stinkin' DIESELS!!!

THE INDIANA RAILWAY--100% STEAM POWERED in 2021

MARK

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
    - Mark Twain,

DIESELS!?!?!?!  We don't need no STINKIN' DIESELS!!!
The INDIANA RAILWAY.  100% Steam Powered in 2022

MARK          Proud NMRA Member

If I studied all my life, I couldn't think up half the number of funny things passed in one session of congress.

Will Rogers

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1569
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2020, 01:26:07 PM »
Never heard of BROOKLYN LOCOMOTIVE WORKS ?????  You must be NEW to N-Scale.   Pete was one of the early N-Scale suppliers.  Gives GREAT service and very fair prices.  I have NO idea how much I have spent there, and I don't care.  Check out the website for deals and odds & ends.  Was/is one of MTL biggest Vendors.  BLW:   https://www.brooklynlocomotiveworks.com/
  If it's out there in N-Scale, BLW will find it.

DIESELS ?!?!?! We Don't Need NO Stinkin' DIESELS!!!

THE INDIANA RAILWAY--100% STEAM POWERED in 2021

MARK

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.
    - Mark Twain,

Not what he said.  He was saying he hadn't heard of the company who's detail parts BLW was offering for sale.
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2020, 01:28:34 PM »
I haven't looked but if they are from Scale Replicas, I still have a package #302, that was supposed to convert a GP-18 to a GP-20.
It's got to be well over 20 years old.
Bryan

Member of MRHA

basementcalling

• Crew
  • Respect: +652
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2020, 02:24:59 PM »
Scale Replicas made a lot of very nice detail parts in the late 90s early 2000s.

I am sure it's less work for Pete, but burying sale items like this on his LONG list of clearance items is not helping empty his shelves.
Peter Pfotenhauer

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4613
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2020, 04:56:17 PM »
Never heard of the company before. But it looks like Pete found a stash of these things during his cleaning out the store. They appear to be specific to certain manufacturers' version of locos. They're waaaaay down on the clearance sale list if you want to look at them. They appear to be metal castings.

The reason those are listed towards the end is because the listing seems to be  in alphabetical order (at least starting with AMB), so "S" is close to the bottom.

Has anybody noticed that the packaging for those looks similar to Sunrise Enterprises? I wonder . . .
. . . 42 . . .

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2020, 05:36:11 PM »
Has anybody noticed that the packaging for those looks similar to Sunrise Enterprises? I wonder . . .

Not related.
Bryan

Member of MRHA

reinhardtjh

• Crew
  • Respect: +328
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2020, 05:40:11 PM »
The reason those are listed towards the end is because the listing seems to be  in alphabetical order (at least starting with AMB), so "S" is close to the bottom.

I saw the "SR" part numbers and thought the same thing until I found the page an N Scale Supply
John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566

Spades

• Crew
  • Respect: +153
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2020, 07:58:49 PM »
Scale Replicas, I believe they were located in the Monterey Bay Area.  What BLW list is most of their product line.