Author Topic: Some YouTube Videos on Peco Turnouts and the Twistlock Motors  (Read 496 times)

railwirew

• Respect: 0
Some YouTube Videos on Peco Turnouts and the Twistlock Motors
« on: February 22, 2021, 05:50:39 PM »
I've recently uploaded a couple of videos regarding Peco turnouts and their twistlock turnout motor...

Preparing a Peco Turnout for Installation
The first on demos how to prepare your Peco turnout for installation on a DCC layout.  I took the good descriptive info from a couple of sites and turned that into a “how-to” video.  We show you how to add some jumpers to the turnout to improve electrical connectivity and, in the case of electrofrogs, point out the importance of snipping the 2 connecting wires under the turnout that come from the factory.  Here’s the link:
/>

Installing the Peco Twistlock Turnout Motor
The second one demos how to install the Peco Twistlock turnout motor onto a Peco turnout.  All work is done above the layout except screwing in 2 screws into the bottom of the layout (the drilling of the screw holes is actually done above the layout also).   The video shows how to use a custom jig to precisely align the turnout with the motor, even though it’s mounted underneath.  I found using just the vendor supplied paper template was too awkward and error prone so I designed a jig to make it easier.  Instructions on making the simple jig are included.  Lastly, the video includes how to install the optional twin microswitch along with the turnout motor.  Here’s the link: 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 12:13:40 AM by GaryHinshaw »

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
  • Respect: +528
Re: Some YouTube Videos on Peco Turnouts and the Twistlock Motors
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 06:06:28 PM »
Not stated, but this is HO scale.

Mark