Author Topic: Working O Scale Train Line Air Hoses  (Read 966 times)

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +8040
    • Conrail 1285
Working O Scale Train Line Air Hoses
« on: November 28, 2020, 03:26:48 PM »
+1
/>
A Precision Scale part with some Canadian magic.

It's fun what you can do when your entire fleet consists of a locomotive and three cars.

ednadolski

• Crew
  • Respect: +1665
Re: Working O Scale Train Line Air Hoses
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 03:06:59 PM »
I played with this a little while back with some P:48 stuff.   Definitely one of the fun options of 1:48 scale.

I have to get a better way to bond the small disk magnets to the PSC glad hands.   The CA worked for a little bit, but eventually broke off - those tiny magnets are pretty strong, esp. when in direct contact with each other.  In fact, if you have a freely-enough rolling car, the magnets can actually pull the car along for a bit before they let go (another reason for me to want working brakes!)  :ashat:

Old reference doc:   http://mattforsyth.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Ben-Browns-Mag-Hoses.pdf

Ed

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +8040
    • Conrail 1285
Re: Working O Scale Train Line Air Hoses
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 03:01:14 PM »
I played with this a little while back with some P:48 stuff.   Definitely one of the fun options of 1:48 scale.

I have to get a better way to bond the small disk magnets to the PSC glad hands.   The CA worked for a little bit, but eventually broke off - those tiny magnets are pretty strong, esp. when in direct contact with each other.  In fact, if you have a freely-enough rolling car, the magnets can actually pull the car along for a bit before they let go (another reason for me to want working brakes!)  :ashat:

Old reference doc:   http://mattforsyth.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Ben-Browns-Mag-Hoses.pdf

Ed

I agree 100% on the working brakes. I'm currently thinking about hand brakes for the car.

My solution was to just use the new square magnets as the glad hands themselves. I wonder if they could be make to look even more the part.