Author Topic: Yellow stripe decals on locos  (Read 1939 times)

OldEastRR

• Crew
  • Respect: +284
Re: Yellow stripe decals on locos
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2020, 05:17:37 AM »
Hey! This thread came back to life! (Amazed B. Bussey didn't comment) The various pictures do present 2 very different views of the green/yellow PAs.(their numbers say they're PAs not FAs) I'm going to go with the idea that they all had the hood stripes, but the NH didn't do much to keep the hoods clean, and soot, grit, dirt, etc blotted out the yellow and masked it into the green. Not hard to believe there was lotsa soot coming from those Alco exhausts when the trailing unit was tail-first. Now, for more adventure, I have a LL FA factory-painted in that scheme with NO hood stripe. I wonder what Atlas will do with its NH FAs (if they don't do them McGinnis only).
Funny why the factory didn't take any photos of the tops of the locos for their builders photos.

Also means I'll have to filthy up this PA once it's decaled so the hood strip "disappears".

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4209
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: Yellow stripe decals on locos
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2020, 07:42:48 AM »
Didn’t have to comment, as it appeared the question was answered fairly quickly. As I have previously stated, Google is your friend.

That said, I’m pretty sure the wide stripe always was applied to the top of the nose and either got very dirty or weathered away. The stripe never stopped at the nose housing.

All of my Life-Like PAs and FAs in the Dulmaine scheme have full nose stripes.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 07:52:24 AM by bbussey »
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net