Author Topic: Advice/Recommendations (September 2020)  (Read 806 times)

Jesse6669

• Crew
  • Respect: +1199
Advice/Recommendations (September 2020)
« on: September 03, 2020, 10:11:37 AM »
Well now I'm getting the itch (no pun intended) even worse to dive into the resin LCD printing pool.. after stubbornly using Shapeways for years on my T and Z models, it seems the home tech has truly caught up with them.   I have a decent workspace setup to vent the fumes from my spray hood and am even considering renting artist's studio space if it's really an issue.  I do not want to spend a lot of time futzing with settings, so I even considered the Formlabs Form 3 for this reason--despite the significant price difference between that and the latest 4k printers.  I  don't need too much build volume usually--so the Mono X space isn't really needed but the specs are good.  The Phrozen Shuffle 4k seems like another choice.  Any other 4k printers coming online?   Is TRW an Anycubic sanctuary or are there some other printers in use.  Any Form 3 or Phrozen users feel free to offer thoughts of the pluses and minuses.   Thanks!

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5515
Re: Advice/Recommendations (September 2020)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 12:09:23 PM »
I know someone with a Phrozon Shuffle and he says it is just like a Photon, but with much better quality.

Sokramiketes

• Crew
  • Better modeling through peer pressure...
  • Respect: +1242
    • Modutrak
Re: Advice/Recommendations (September 2020)
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 02:13:12 PM »
I use an Elegoo Mars successfully, and it really seems to be a one-generation better version of the Photon that started the craze here on the Railwire.

None of the oddities, just set up and print.

Once 4k hits, this all changes.  But you'll be happy for T gauge in the meantime.  Let me know if you want me to do a test print of one of your T gauge shells.