Author Topic: Spring Creek Model Trains, Deshler NE  (Read 3413 times)

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
Re: Spring Creek Model Trains, Deshler NE
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2020, 06:40:17 PM »
Don't they already maintain such an inventory list for insurance purposes?

Some states also have personal property tax assessed on inventory, so in those cases an inventory system of some sort would be ideal (unless they close for three days every year to count it all  :lol:)

Point353

• Crew
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2020, 02:28:11 AM »
Some states also have personal property tax assessed on inventory, so in those cases an inventory system of some sort would be ideal (unless they close for three days every year to count it all  :lol:)
One shop owner suggested to me that not posting an inventory list online allows one to "estimate" its value for tax purposes.

ednadolski

• Crew
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2020, 11:04:36 AM »
Limit the search to "In-Stock Items" and the total drops to about 12,000.

Of course, but wasn't the point of the previous comment to be able to determine which items in the inventory were or were not in stock?

I wish shops would post to their website even a basic text listing of their inventory.
A google search would be able find items on that list and you could then contact them to confirm availability and place an order.

Seems you would need a complete and up-to-date inventory to do that.

Ed

Mark5

• Crew
  • Always with the negative waves Moriarty ...
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2020, 11:07:55 AM »
One shop owner suggested to me that not posting an inventory list online allows one to "estimate" its value for tax purposes.

LOL. If he lived where I live he'd better pray not to be audited.   :o

TLOC

• Crew
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2021, 11:32:38 AM »
A very satisfied visitor to the Trainfest booth and to their website. An occasional buyer at both. If their inventory was completely listed online I know I would be more then an occasional buyer.

TomO