Author Topic: New Photon...need the test cube file  (Read 2048 times)

robert3985

• Crew
  • Respect: +1252
New Photon...need the test cube file
« on: August 26, 2020, 02:31:19 AM »
+1
Wellll...finally got around to getting an Anycubic Photon and also an Anycubic Wash & Cure.  Have spent the last month planning and re-arranging the laundry room, including moving where the clothes washer and dryer go.  Haven't made a test print yet, but finally got my old reloading bench leveled on the very uneven concrete floor, so now things are set up and ready to go. Except that the flash drive that came with the printer was corrupt, and so I've had to download the slice and support programs from Anycubic, which has a new app (Photon Workshop) for supports and slicing. So, I don't have a "test" file that's the cube that I'm supposed to test my setup with and I can't seem to find it anywhere to downlaod.  Anybody here know where I need to go to get that file?  Send me a link if you know puh-leese!  :)

Working on some simple 3D models I've done and used one as a test print.  Obviously got something not correct as it did not adhere to the build plate, but stuck to the bottom of the vat.  Think I know what the prob is, but would really like to use the Anycubic test file just to see if I've got the build plate leveled up.  If I don't hear from anybody in the next few hours, I'll go ahead and see what I get using my own file again, with new and (i hope) correct settings.

Wish me luck!

Cheerio!
Bob Gilmore

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5508
Re: New Photon...need the test cube file
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 02:46:58 AM »
+1
Just re-level and set zero so the piece of paper barely slides. It takes a few tries somehow.

reinhardtjh

• Crew
  • Respect: +328
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 04:02:49 AM »
+1
Bob, I know you use FaceBook so you might as well join the Anycubic Photon User's group there.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/AnycubicPhoton

There is a wealth of information and some test files in the "Files" section.  Since you just got your Photon you should assume you have the new version, often called the Fauxton by some as it is fairly different under the cover from the original Photon - either for better or worse depending on who you talk to.  But some things on it are done differently from the original and it helps to know when.
John H. Reinhardt
PRRT&HS #8909
C&O HS #11530
N-Trak #7566

robert3985

• Crew
  • Respect: +1252
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 05:52:55 AM »
+1
Bob, I know you use FaceBook so you might as well join the Anycubic Photon User's group there.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/AnycubicPhoton

There is a wealth of information and some test files in the "Files" section.  Since you just got your Photon you should assume you have the new version, often called the Fauxton by some as it is fairly different under the cover from the original Photon - either for better or worse depending on who you talk to.  But some things on it are done differently from the original and it helps to know when.

Thanks John, and I joined it several weeks ago!  A really invaluable source, but I haven't used it as much as I should have.  I've been getting tons of information off of YouTube and when I get to printing I'm sure I'll be looking at the FB Anycubic Photo User's group.

Cheerio!
Bob Gilmore