Author Topic: The National T-TRAK Layout - Gateway 2020 Virtual Layout  (Read 2198 times)

Missaberoad

• Crew
  • Ryan in Alberta
  • Respect: +992
Re: The National T-TRAK Layout - Gateway 2020 Virtual Layout
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2020, 12:27:44 PM »
+2
Really shows everyone's personalities... gives me flashbacks of my youth in the Ntrak scene...

Bruce's Modules were genuine standouts! clean, good modeling, not crowded, good concept! congrats @arbomambo would get my vote at a show with a module contest!

Makes me wish there was a N scale group near Central Alberta  :D
The Railwire is not your personal army.  :trollface:

arbomambo

• Crew
  • Respect: +931
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2020, 08:41:51 PM »
+1
You forgot dinosaurs.

Jason

Yes,
That's my wife's corner module...she built it from a Kato Foam T-TRAK module kit.
  She was so excited to build it, that she subsequently bought over $500.00 worth of locomotives and cars to run on the various T-TRAK layouts.
I'm almost certain that the vendors and manufacturers, who are responsible for the products she purchased (and continues to purchase) don't give a flying, fornicating rat's patooty that the modules she runs their product on has dinosaurs on it.

Hey, while you're at it, have a go at the module submissions built by kids and grandkids; I'll bet that'll really inspire them to continue to embrace model railroading!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 08:44:26 PM by arbomambo »
"STILL Thrilled to be in N scale!"

Bruce M. Arbo
CATT- Coastal Alabama T-TRAK
https://nationalt-traklayout.com/

arbomambo

• Crew
  • Respect: +931
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2020, 10:36:13 AM »
Closing in on 300 modules, by 73 participants!
If you want to participate, with your module(s), in The Virtual National T-TRAK Layout, simply submit a photo of your full module (one photo per module), and email it to
info@nationalt-traklayout.com
Please include your name, your city, and your state only. We don't need to have the club affiliation of the name/title of the module.
Remember, Kato is sponsoring a module contest with prize(s), and Jacksonville Terminal Company,LLC. is also sponsoring a special gift for each participant!
"STILL Thrilled to be in N scale!"

Bruce M. Arbo
CATT- Coastal Alabama T-TRAK
https://nationalt-traklayout.com/

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2020, 02:26:42 PM »
        Another outstanding module/modules Lee Weldon's with his excellent modeling and nice reuse of his scratch built station from his old home layout. Nate Goodman. (Nato).

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +5429
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2020, 03:03:58 PM »
        Another outstanding module/modules Lee Weldon's with his excellent modeling and nice reuse of his scratch built station from his old home layout. Nate Goodman. (Nato).

Thanks for your kind words, Nate.  Still trying to work out how I can insert a Star Wars theme so it fits in a little better... :D
Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

randgust

• Crew
  • Respect: +2042
    • Randgust N Scale Kits
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2020, 03:21:29 PM »
Having seen Lee's Cumberland in person, it's really cool.

Beyond the obvious, and his teasing about Star Wars, he DOES have a tribute to "Abbey Road" in the crosswalk that deserves special merit, and the other thing I got a kick out of was his camouflage of his light switches as window air conditioners in the buildings.

Like any good module, there's the initial 'wow', and then as you really start to study it, the long, slow, quiet....WOW.

davefoxx

• Crew
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +6785
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2020, 03:28:32 PM »
Having seen Lee's Cumberland in person, it's really cool.

Beyond the obvious, and his teasing about Star Wars, he DOES have a tribute to "Abbey Road" in the crosswalk that deserves special merit, and the other thing I got a kick out of was his camouflage of his light switches as window air conditioners in the buildings.

Like any good module, there's the initial 'wow', and then as you really start to study it, the long, slow, quiet....WOW.

Keep it up, fellas, and you just might make Lee smile as depicted in his caricature.  :P

DFF

Member: ACL/SAL Historical Society
Member: Wilmington & Western RR
A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +5429
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2020, 04:39:05 PM »
The air conditioner as light switch was stolen from a DKS micro layout project...  can't recall which.  Maybe Trenton Transportation.  Credit where it's due.  It would be more impressive if it worked consistently, but you know... details!

And there are a few other of us represented in there as well.  All really nice work.
Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net