Author Topic: Colorado Midland in N scale 2.0  (Read 38749 times)

Dave V

• Crew
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +7411
Re: Colorado Midland in N scale 2.0
« Reply #450 on: August 16, 2022, 09:50:17 PM »
+6
Three new home road cars joined the Midland this week.

On the left is a gondola car I built from a Fine N Scale resin kit. On the right is an Athearn 36 foot old-time boxcar. Both were painted and then lettered with custom decals I had made for me a few years back by Silver Crash Model Works just before they disappeared. There’s a new company called K4 Decals that now provides similar CMRy decals in N if you’re looking for some. These cars are actually duplicates of cars I already had, but I gave them different road numbers to represent different cars in the same car class.

And then an old MDC stock car became a Colorado Midland Palace Stock Car thanks to some K4 decals.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 10:54:45 PM by Dave V »

TiogaTracks

• Crew
  • Respect: +396
« Reply #451 on: August 17, 2022, 03:10:10 PM »
+1
Glad to see you’re getting good use out of those sets from K4 Decals!  The guy running that business is always a pleasure to deal with, and my entire project would be many times harder without his decals.  Have you planned any new rolling stock projects because of newly available decals, or did you have everything before from other sources?

-Steven
Wellsville Addison & Galeton RR in 1:29
Still dabbling in N scale
Restoring a full size 1951 Brill bus

Dave V

• Crew
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +7411
« Reply #452 on: August 17, 2022, 05:13:31 PM »
+1
Glad to see you’re getting good use out of those sets from K4 Decals!  The guy running that business is always a pleasure to deal with, and my entire project would be many times harder without his decals.  Have you planned any new rolling stock projects because of newly available decals, or did you have everything before from other sources?

-Steven

Actually yes! He has decals for a CMRy gon that's very similar to a D&SL gondola that's available on Shapeways. It's on the to-do list!

I've also lettered a Denver, Laramie, and Northwestern box and a Midland Terminal/Cripple Creek Short Line box using K4 decals as well as a Colorado Springs and Cripple Creek District Railway gon. Wouldn't have dreamed of adding those obscure yet relevant roadnames to my CM roster without the decals.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 10:04:25 AM by Dave V »