Author Topic: N scale kitbashing over the last few years  (Read 3666 times)

cjm413

• Crew
  • Respect: +145
Re: N scale kitbashing over the last few years
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2020, 06:35:34 PM »
Yes but Rasputen on Trainboard has an almost complete shell done. I've bumped that thread to see where he's at.
Mods - sorry about the TB reference.

*Trainbored

MK

• Crew
  • Respect: +720
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2020, 06:52:48 PM »
*Trainbored

And they call us The Rail Whiners.  :D

Rasputen

• Crew
  • Respect: +273
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2020, 07:22:17 PM »
Although I had the  Baldwin DRS6-6-1500 shell almost complete, I didn't realize that the hood is too short in proportion to the length and width.  I found this out when I tried to make an Atlas mechanism fit under the shell.  In the mean time, some of the molds I made off of the HO model became unusable, so I get to basically start over from scratch.  I need to double check the HO scale model I started with and see if its proportions are correct before I try it again.  When I saw some of the Shapeways shells, I thought that people would just go buy those, so my enthusiasm has waned somewhat.  It does still occupy part of my workbench...

johnb

• Crew
  • Respect: +887
    • My blog
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2020, 08:06:09 PM »
And they call us The Rail Whiners.  :D
let me know who does that

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4593
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2020, 09:07:47 PM »
Yes but Rasputen on Trainboard has an almost complete shell done. I've bumped that thread to see where he's at.
Mods - sorry about the TB reference.

There are no rules here against mentioning things like eBay or other forums - I guess we feel secure enough not to worry.
Also, @Rasputen  (Brian) is a member here. He makes lots of gorgeous resin N scale vehicles, but I don't recall seeing any of his loco shells.
. . . 42 . . .

Maletrain

• Crew
  • Respect: +561
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2020, 09:54:48 PM »
There are no rules here against mentioning things like eBay or other forums - I guess we feel secure enough not to worry.
Also, @Rasputen  (Brian) is a member here. He makes lots of gorgeous resin N scale vehicles, but I don't recall seeing any of his loco shells.

I made a TB post a while back that had a TRW link, along with some other links, to reply to a request for info.  The TB mods let it stay, saying that it was OK because it was providing the info requested.  But, they seemed to say that was not their usual policy for TRW links. The link was to Narrowminded's code 40 track 3-D printing thread.

peteski

• Crew
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2020, 10:48:32 PM »
+2
I made a TB post a while back that had a TRW link, along with some other links, to reply to a request for info.  The TB mods let it stay, saying that it was OK because it was providing the info requested.  But, they seemed to say that was not their usual policy for TRW links. The link was to Narrowminded's code 40 track 3-D printing thread.

Exactly - other forums (liek TB) seem to be quite touchy when it comes to posting auction listing into, or links to other forums. I have not seen any of that here. Moderators here don't get their knickers in a twist over stuff like that. This is "not your father's forum".  :)  One of many reasons this is my favorite forum.
. . . 42 . . .

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2894
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2020, 05:50:13 AM »
TB has their rules, we have ours .. each forum is good at what they do.  I have an account there and on other sites, and visit a few times a year.  There is always something that I find interesting .. YMMV

johnb

• Crew
  • Respect: +887
    • My blog
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2020, 11:04:41 AM »
Exactly - other forums (liek TB) seem to be quite touchy when it comes to posting auction listing into, or links to other forums. I have not seen any of that here. Moderators here don't get their knickers in a twist over stuff like that. This is "not your father's forum".  :)  One of many reasons this is my favorite forum.
I am  mod there and I am pretty lax, I mostly edit thread titles to be more descriptive (i.e. for sale Kato to for sale kato SP SD45)

The rules are set by the owner, and I do have to enforce them every now and then. The biggest problem is linking to non-sponsor vendors...we like to help the people who help keep it up.

peteski

• Crew
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2020, 02:44:55 PM »
I am  mod there and I am pretty lax, I mostly edit thread titles to be more descriptive (i.e. for sale Kato to for sale kato SP SD45)

The rules are set by the owner, and I do have to enforce them every now and then. The biggest problem is linking to non-sponsor vendors...we like to help the people who help keep it up.

By the same token, we should remember to use the Amazon.com button on this site to inject some revenue.  I like the freedom we have here.

But if I was a moderator here, I would kick some a$$ as far as the subject lines go (and few other things). So,good thing I'm not a moderator (well in the grand scheme of things).  :D
. . . 42 . . .