Author Topic: Fleischmann N scale Cog Systems on T-TRAK module  (Read 1086 times)

ilox

• Respect: +3
Fleischmann N scale Cog Systems on T-TRAK module
« on: June 22, 2020, 07:29:27 AM »
+3
Hi folks, I have seen some discussion in the past about these rather unique little trains so I thought I might add my contribution to the topic. I got my first bug about the Fleischmann N cog rail system back in 2009 and I have been building potential layouts on XTrkCAD since around there. I have 2 of the locos, #7305 - Eidelweiss Blue and #7309 PZB Red. For each loco, I have 3 of the Blue and wire carriages & brake, a few more for the red and white cars. [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] :)
My goal has always been to integrate them within a T-TRAK module as a bonus attraction while the more normal trails zip past. These can run a Branch line operation and be independent of the Mainlines. My current module does just that. So far it is built up to the mainline track level but I now have the stuff to enable me to build up the mountains and terrain required. This is what I call a Superwide module. It straddles both the normal locations for modules in a display layout - it has two sets of the mainline running across it - and is 930mm x 830mm. I have made a video of it a few months back if anybody is interested to see how I have planned it to operate.

Here is the latest version of the module and layout. [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
 I also have a dream version which includes the amazing BRAWA Cable-hauled carriage system - based on the Stuttgart Forest Cemetery Tram line with a 30% grade. That line I hope to convert to run on Nn3 trackage instead of the plastic (toy-train-like) track that comes with the set. [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
The goal is to have the Branchlines operating to a schedule controlled by Arduino/s and with environmental sounds provided by a series of speakers triggered by Hall-effect magnets buried in or alongside the track.

OldEastRR

• Crew
  • Respect: +284
Re: Fleischmann N scale Cog Systems on T-TRAK module
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 07:37:21 PM »
You might think about shifting this thread to the Layout Engineering one.

ilox

• Respect: +3
Re: Fleischmann N scale Cog Systems on T-TRAK module
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 12:10:27 AM »
Ahh, only a newcomer here, how do I do that, please? Repost?