Author Topic: Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 4/20  (Read 1973 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lenny53

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2297
  • Respect: +2062
Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 4/20
« on: June 04, 2020, 07:01:42 AM »
+5
CP ethanol train 650 Dorval, Qc May 28th,2020

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Philip H

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9027
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1796
    • Layout Progress Blog
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 4/20
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 08:06:59 AM »
+4
Taken on Tuesday's CSX Q-521 (daily Nashville to New Orleans Manifest Freight) just for @davefoxx :



Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.


davefoxx

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12341
  • Gender: Male
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +8579
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 4/20
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 09:40:08 AM »
0
Keep on keepin' on, CSX predecessors!  :)

DFF

A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!
Still General Counsel to the Laurel Valley Ry.

mu26aeh

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5865
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4862
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 4/20
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 11:31:50 AM »
0
Taken on Tuesday's CSX Q-521 (daily Nashville to New Orleans Manifest Freight) just for @davefoxx :



I'll keep that one too.  I think I have a couple of Dave's cars to patch  :D

davefoxx

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12341
  • Gender: Male
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +8579
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 4/20
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 11:39:15 AM »
0
I'll keep that one too.  I think I have a couple of Dave's cars to patch  :D

Hey, whoa, yeah!  Those cars are all good.  You don't have to patch them, do you?  ;)

DFF

A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!
Still General Counsel to the Laurel Valley Ry.

Joetrain59

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1600
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +75
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 4/20
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2020, 11:42:38 PM »
0
Lenny, I don't think I've seen a cleaner ROW than that.
 Joe D

Philip H

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9027
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1796
    • Layout Progress Blog
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 4/20
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2020, 10:27:54 AM »
+1
Lets go to the video!

Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.


mu26aeh

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5865
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4862
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 4/20
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2020, 10:39:10 AM »
+1
D795-6 leaving Gettysburg Saturday morning


Also, who left the extra bolts and washers on the roof ?



davefoxx

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12341
  • Gender: Male
  • TRW Plaid Member
  • Respect: +8579
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 4/20
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2020, 01:01:47 PM »
0
Damn it!  I've been looking for those bolts and washers.  Now I have to figure out where No. 4084 is and go get them.  D'oh!

DFF

A Proud HOer
BUY ALL THE TRAINS!
Still General Counsel to the Laurel Valley Ry.

mu26aeh

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5865
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4862
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 4/20
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2020, 04:56:07 PM »
0
Damn it!  I've been looking for those bolts and washers.  Now I have to figure out where No. 4084 is and go get them.  D'oh!

DFF

Currently sitting on the cab tracks at Hagerstown Yard.  And it's buried behind another set of power so it shouldn't be going anywhere soon.

Also, we got a double westbound dip today, as the Weed Sprayer train came thru this afternoon


C855B

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 11423
  • Respect: +2887
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 4/20
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2020, 05:04:22 PM »
0
. who left the extra bolts and washers on the roof ?


Judging from the size of the bolts and their location, a radio shop tech. I left minor parts in a similar fashion a couple of times.  :facepalm:

IOW, not worth going back to retrieve.
...mike

http://www.gibboncozadandwestern.com

Note: Images linked in my postings are on an HTTP server, not HTTPS. Enable "mixed content" in your browser to view.

There are over 1000 images on this server. Not changing anytime soon.

jpwisc

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1321
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +3924
    • Skally Line Blog
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 4/20
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2020, 10:56:57 AM »
+1
I went this morning to see KRL 3600 (former WECX 800). I got to see it on its last run a week ago, tomorrow the scrappers will start taking it apart.
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Karl
CEO of the WC White Pine Sub, an Upper Peninsula Branch Line.

Philip H

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 9027
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +1796
    • Layout Progress Blog
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 4/20
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2020, 12:43:51 PM »
0
Wow. Scrapping a schnabel. That’s something you don’t hear of every day. Any idea why?
Philip H.
Chief Everything Officer
Baton Rouge Southern RR - Mount Rainier Division.


jpwisc

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1321
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +3924
    • Skally Line Blog
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 4/20
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2020, 07:09:08 PM »
0
Wow. Scrapping a schnabel. That’s something you don’t hear of every day. Any idea why?

I can only speculate. The car is 38 years old and it’s replacement (KRL 3601) is ready for FRA certification. Hopefully we see Big Blue in service soon.
Karl
CEO of the WC White Pine Sub, an Upper Peninsula Branch Line.

Jbub

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1908
  • Gender: Male
  • HP 9999
  • Respect: +610
Re: Thursday Proto Photo, Jun 4/20
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2020, 12:07:41 PM »
0
Isn't there a 40 year max life for freight cars? I swear I remember reading that somewhere.
"Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!"

Darth Vader