Author Topic: Kato Mikado detail parts  (Read 1341 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

cjp53

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 147
  • Respect: +2
Kato Mikado detail parts
« on: May 21, 2020, 06:59:55 PM »
0
Took my Kato Mikado(second run) to my local shop who happens to be a Kato dealer to have my detail parts installed.While doing it when he went to attach the whistle and the other gold part that sit on top of the boiler(parts B2 & B3) he said both parts just crumbled.He thought it was due to the age of the plastic parts.On the diagram these parts are B2 and B3.I'm upset this happened but don't blame the shop owner.Does anyone have these two extra parts?I'm putting myself out there and hope I can get these at a fair price but I understand these are oop parts.If not I can live without but it still bugs me. :(I also had him install a traction driver.

cjp53

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 147
  • Respect: +2
Re: Kato Mikado detail parts
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 07:11:54 PM »
0
Here’s the diagram


glakedylan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1486
  • Gender: Male
  • Give Respect. Expect Respect.
  • Respect: +249
    • Justice Kindness Humbleness —Micah 6.8
Re: Kato Mikado detail parts
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 07:27:09 PM »
0
i will need to check as i do not have my mikados readily available to look
i believe the one part is the whistle
and the other (IIRC) a safety valve
both of which you can purchase in 3D print or cast brass.
search shapeways (keystonedetails would be a good place to start)
also detail suppliers that are the brass moulds.


hope this helps.
Gary
PRRT&HS #9304 | PHILLY CHAPTER #2384

cjp53

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 147
  • Respect: +2
Re: Kato Mikado detail parts
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 07:33:16 PM »
0
Brass would look great,thanks it does help me.

carmelmodelrr

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 175
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +7
Re: Kato Mikado detail parts
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 07:34:27 PM »
0
I have Kato 933010 "N Detail Parts Package Mikado #1" which contains a ladder, a Rapido coupler and a gold item which I believe has the two parts you're looking for.  It sold for $2.50.  I'd be happy to send it to you for $3.00 if (1) that's what you need and (2) your contact info.

carmelmodelrr
Richard Wroblewski

ns737

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 234
  • Respect: +38
Re: Kato Mikado detail parts
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 07:39:37 PM »
0
that's the one he needs

cjp53

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 147
  • Respect: +2
Re: Kato Mikado detail parts
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 07:51:46 PM »
0
I have Kato 933010 "N Detail Parts Package Mikado #1" which contains a ladder, a Rapido coupler and a gold item which I believe has the two parts you're looking for.  It sold for $2.50.  I'd be happy to send it to you for $3.00 if (1) that's what you need and (2) your contact info.

carmelmodelrr
Richard Wroblewski
Wow that's great I'll pm you,Thank you