Author Topic: Weekend Update 5/17/20  (Read 11765 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SP-Wolf

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 834
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2085
Re: Weekend Update 5/17/20
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2020, 04:24:48 PM »
+6
This weekends progress. Taking it slow.

Added stanchions to the front of the SW900
Added the dynamic brake air intake grills to the SW8




Thanks,
Wolf

dougnelson

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1344
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2417
    • PRR N Scale
Re: Weekend Update 5/17/20
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2020, 04:30:40 PM »
+9
Pennsy F25 well flat. Almost ready for the paint shop.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 06:15:25 PM by dougnelson »

spookshow

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2174
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2468
    • Model Railroading Projects & Resources
Re: Weekend Update 5/17/20
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2020, 04:47:08 PM »
0
Spray those white (or Green/black/pink) and make them wrapped silage bales!

https://www.tama-uk.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/CE-Main-Agco-Stretchfolie-001.jpg

Is that what those things are supposed to be? I guess I didn't realize it when I ordered them from N Scale Architect. I always thought they looked like something you'd find on a pastry cart, lol.

I like the twine rolls better, though. Looks like something you'd see around Hope.

-Mark

Missaberoad

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3834
  • Gender: Male
  • Ryan in Alberta
  • Respect: +1378
Re: Weekend Update 5/17/20
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2020, 05:08:43 PM »
0
Is that what those things are supposed to be? I guess I didn't realize it when I ordered them from N Scale Architect. I always thought they looked like something you'd find on a pastry cart, lol.

I like the twine rolls better, though. Looks like something you'd see around Hope.

-Mark

Not sure if that is what they are supposed to represent, but they definitly look like they would fit the bill...

Wrapped bales are common around dairy cows and sometimes even beef cattle, if theres too much rain for dry hay you'll see alot of wrapped bales  :D

DKS

  • The Pitt
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 13424
  • Respect: +7027
Re: Weekend Update 5/17/20
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2020, 05:45:49 PM »
+22
Late weekend update entry... spent the day finishing this:


Hope this one is "model railroady" enough! Will post a how-I-did-it in the engineering thread in a couple of days--still shooting pics, writing, and wrapping up loose ends.

dougnelson

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1344
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +2417
    • PRR N Scale
Re: Weekend Update 5/17/20
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2020, 06:17:47 PM »
0
Incredible.

Late weekend update entry... spent the day finishing this:


Hope this one is "model railroady" enough! Will post a how-I-did-it in the engineering thread in a couple of days--still shooting pics, writing, and wrapping up loose ends.

LIRR

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1285
  • Respect: +1806
Re: Weekend Update 5/17/20
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2020, 07:15:34 PM »
+5
Working on a backwoods coal truck dump....


propmeup1

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 611
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +116
Re: Weekend Update 5/17/20
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2020, 07:44:51 PM »
0
Started these a few years ago but i just now put the MT trucks on.  With the new Atlas turnouts the old wheels didn't roll over the frogs without derailing.  I have four made up. I resin cast the props from my brass master. The suports are made from Evergreen H and T beams.  The car on the left is one of my oldest surviving cars that was purchased at Knots Berry Farm in CA back in the summer of 69 the week after the Apollo 11 returned from the moon, I was eight and we were going to Disneyland for the first time. It was good to be a kid back then.
    I still need to add the tie down chains.

propmeup1

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 611
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +116
Re: Weekend Update 5/17/20
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2020, 07:45:37 PM »
0
next

garethashenden

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2340
  • Respect: +1846
Re: Weekend Update 5/17/20
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2020, 08:55:30 PM »
0
Pennsy F25 well flat. Almost ready for the paint shop.



Whose kit is this?

propmeup1

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 611
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +116
Re: Weekend Update 5/17/20
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2020, 08:56:47 PM »
0
I'd like to know too ?

mu26aeh

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5868
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4872

Mike Madonna

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 486
  • Respect: +150
Re: Weekend Update 5/17/20
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2020, 09:47:17 PM »
0
Late weekend update entry... spent the day finishing this:


Hope this one is "model railroady" enough! Will post a how-I-did-it in the engineering thread in a couple of days--still shooting pics, writing, and wrapping up loose ends.

WHAT!?!? A working "lower quadrant" semaphore? Mind blown.....
Mike
SOUTHERN PACIFIC Coast Division 1953
Santa Margarita Sub

wcfn100

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 8947
  • Respect: +1383
    • Chicago Great Western Modeler
Re: Weekend Update 5/17/20
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2020, 09:52:22 PM »
0
Late weekend update entry... spent the day finishing this:


Hope this one is "model railroady" enough! Will post a how-I-did-it in the engineering thread in a couple of days--still shooting pics, writing, and wrapping up loose ends.

Very cool, but are they upside down?

Jason

mu26aeh

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5868
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4872
Re: Weekend Update 5/17/20
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2020, 10:48:07 PM »
+9
Got another trailer knocked out this evening.  Amazon Prime ready for shipping, pulled by a Trainworx UPS Kenworth.



And a family shot of other companies I've finished.



Glad I don't model intermodal or I'd probably have to send Carlos a good portion of my part of the stimulus money.  Going to be hard enough finding enough dock space and highways to park all these trailers at.  Good thing I'll hopefully be starting over and can include more roads :D