0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
An informal poll and questionnaire for those who use Kato Unitrack: Would you like to see Kato do a crossover or double crossover with no. 6 turnouts? ...and what features would you like the crossovers to have?
I thought that the existing double crossover was based upon #6 turnouts. That said, it is not particularly prototypical, and a single crossover based upon #6 (or larger) turnouts would be a welcomed addition.
I'd prefer the #6 switches in a crossover, although a #6 with 33mm spacing (like the #4's) would be ideal.
I would like to see curves with radii between their 15" and 19" and 22". Kato has made some super-elevated curves in those ranges. But, those can't be mixed in with other sections. We are stuck with mixing 15" and 19" radius sections to get something close to intermediate radii. Some of those results are pretty clunky looking.
Are you referring to the cosmetics? Other than the concrete ties and double tracking, they [super-elevated curve sections] should mix with other Unitrack just fine.