Author Topic: Kato 4 way crossover stalling  (Read 2399 times)

Cris

• Respect: +2
Re: Kato 4 way crossover stalling
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2020, 09:05:38 PM »
+1
Thanks for suggestions.
Did check continuity & showed good results. However, upon closer look saw that if I put just minimum pressure on rail head where crossover connection is made w main track it provides enough power for train to travel through crossover so without hesitation. Provided this slight pressure in both crossover directions & got positive results.
   To solve problem I tried adjusting the crossover rail tension, but did not result in any more positive connection. With closer scrutiny, seems like turnout rail was not seated as firmly to road bed as other 3 turnout seats. Feel that upon from my snow birding, I cleaned track with cloth & could have inadvertently pulled up in the seating strip. Feel that I need to open back to determine if it can be tightened.
   Has anyone opened this crossover & if so how does one tighten this plate to road bed connection?

Cris

• Respect: +2
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2020, 10:28:19 AM »
+1
Want to thanks each of you for your input & suggestions. Did open up crossover along with a spare #6 turnout & realized they had similar parts. Interchanged the rail track moving section& turnout spring mechanisms. That solved my problem. Works like a charm. NOTE: for some reason the #6 works fine as well.
Thanks, Cris

RBrodzinsky

• Crew
  • Respect: +425
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2020, 12:31:21 PM »
probably just moving / cleaning the internal parts was all that was required.  Glad you got everything working again
Rick Brodzinsky
Chief Engineer - JACALAR Railroad
Silicon Valley FreeMo-N