Author Topic: CN SD40-2W Cab Photos  (Read 1108 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

zman616

  • Posts: 4
  • Respect: 0
CN SD40-2W Cab Photos
« on: May 06, 2020, 06:08:49 PM »
0
Hello.

I am rebuilding the electronics inside Intermountain's CN SD40-2W locomotives and while I have the cab off of the model, I am also painting and detailing the inside of the cab.  I don't have any photos to go by.  Just wondering if anyone out there has colour photos of the inside of the cab on these locomotives so that I can see what colour everything was.

Or, if someone can tell me what the colours were for the walls, the floor, the seats, and the control stand, that would be a great help.

Thanks.

jpwisc

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1321
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +3924
    • Skally Line Blog
Re: CN SD40-2W Cab Photos
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 10:35:45 PM »
0
In the EMDs I’ve been in the walls and floor were usually a beige-y grey. The control stand black.
I think this is a nice detail job,  his paint is a little too brown for my eye.
https://dieseldetailer.proboards.com/thread/2004/gmd-sd40-cab-interior-rmp
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 10:39:19 PM by jpwisc »
Karl
CEO of the WC White Pine Sub, an Upper Peninsula Branch Line.

lock4244

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4586
  • Respect: +885
    • My train pics
Re: CN SD40-2W Cab Photos
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 02:39:14 AM »
0
CN 5262, definitely beige see 6:30.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 02:40:48 AM by lock4244 »

Ed Kapuscinski

  • Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 26099
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +11570
    • Conrail 1285
Re: CN SD40-2W Cab Photos
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 11:12:03 AM »
0
So here's a question, I've noticed a lot of use of "perforated metal" cabs. Anyone know why they do that instead of just using solid sheet?

zman616

  • Posts: 4
  • Respect: 0
Re: CN SD40-2W Cab Photos
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 11:37:45 AM »
0
Thanks "lock4244"!

That video is perfect.  Shows me everything I want to know, and then some.

Thanks again.

Missaberoad

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3831
  • Gender: Male
  • Ryan in Alberta
  • Respect: +1376
Re: CN SD40-2W Cab Photos
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2020, 02:50:52 PM »
0
So here's a question, I've noticed a lot of use of "perforated metal" cabs. Anyone know why they do that instead of just using solid sheet?

@Ed Kapuscinski do you have a photo to explain what you mean?