Author Topic: NCE Powerhouse Pro toasted?  (Read 587 times)

PiperguyUMD

• Crew
  • Respect: +1419
NCE Powerhouse Pro toasted?
« on: April 06, 2020, 09:29:17 AM »
Hello All,

I need some help! I've had my NCE Powerhouse Pro system for nearly 20 years, it has also never been updated. Yesterday I had it attached to a loop of unitrak to test a loco, but when I plugged it in, I smelled the smell of burning electronics. Thinking I had fried my freshly installed sound decoder I immediately unplugged the PH Pro from the power supply. turning my attention to my loco, I realized that it was the PH Pro making that smell, not the decoder. Plugging the NCE system in again, I had track power, but no control over my loco. Switched locos several times, same result. If I flip the switch over to programming track, it will read CVs, but nothing other than headlights when I switch back to track power.

So - Has anyone experienced anything like this? I know NCE does updates (which this system has never had :facepalm:), do they also do repairs?

Thanks for the help!

Scottl

• Crew
  • Respect: +1139
Re: NCE Powerhouse Pro toasted?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 09:38:57 AM »
+1
I can't answer your specific question, but I fried my Powercab about 4 years ago and they repaired it for free.  A great company to deal with so I would not hesitate to contact them.