Author Topic: Rock Island E units  (Read 2372 times)

GhengisKong

• Crew
  • Respect: +84
Re: Rock Island E units
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2020, 11:39:15 PM »
Still holding out hope for that  :D

-Mark

Same here. Fingers crossed!

TMatt253

• Crew
  • Respect: +35
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2020, 12:00:20 AM »
@kornellred thank you for that piece of information, I wasn't aware of that. Interesting that they even went out of their way to remove them from the units they acquired from the UP. Admittedly I have no idea how easy/difficult removing the fan would be, but I am keeping my options open in regard to any cosmetic enhancements!

spookshow

• Crew
  • Respect: +1720
    • Model Railroading Projects & Resources
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2020, 07:51:05 AM »
@spookshow I've followed your blog for awhile, I really love the stuff you do! Perhaps one day there is an AB6 in my future. For your E7, did you also use a Life-Like model or a different manufacturer?

Thanks, Trevor. The E7 is BLI (or maybe even PCM - it's that old). I happened to come across it on eBay (already custom painted) and decided to grab it. The "maroon" isn't quite right (at least to my eye), but close enough I guess.

-Mark

TMatt253

• Crew
  • Respect: +35
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2020, 12:13:01 PM »
One of my first n scale purchases was the California Zephyr. I eagerly purchased two BLI E7s from my LHS to run with it, they looked great and the DC/DCC sound seemed like a great plus. Unfortunately the BLI units do not play well with my DC power pack, so I've tried to stay away from BLI for the time being. Unfortunately that leaves me with LL being the only E7s available on a wide-scale basis.