Author Topic: CSX Hanover Subdivision  (Read 139024 times)

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +5404
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: CSX Hanover Subdivision
« Reply #870 on: November 01, 2019, 10:17:42 PM »
Do what's right for the family first, for the real estate second, and let the layout evolve based on what comes after the higher priorities.  Don't let the tail wag the dog.

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

DeltaBravo

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +189
    • N-Scale and other interest
« Reply #871 on: November 01, 2019, 10:21:49 PM »
I am with Lee on this, build the garage and eliminate the flooding issue. Heck you could extend the basement under the new garage and really build the entire railroad including Seagirt terminal.
David B.

Member WMRHS

https://undara.wordpress.com/

glakedylan

• Crew
  • Give Respect. Expect Respect.
  • Respect: +234
    • Justice Kindness Humbleness —Micah 6.8
« Reply #872 on: November 01, 2019, 11:32:38 PM »
i hope you had no negative effects from the winds down that way last night.

sincerely
G
PRRT&HS #9304 | PHILLY CHAPTER #2384

mu26aeh

• Crew
  • Respect: +3088
« Reply #873 on: April 04, 2020, 11:59:36 PM »
+2
Drumming up my old layout thread, perhaps this will help progress everything towards 3.0 as everything is at a standstill due to the damn virus.

So I decided to work on the Center St yard facility tonight on the layout. With the recent passing of Jim Coshun, owner of Medford Trains, I've become a little upset with myself that I didn't get this scene further along. Even with possibly moving the layout in the near future, this area is pretty much set even in the new layout schematic. I'm certain Jim would have loved to have seen his Hanover engine house in a finished setting here. It will sit on the left side of photo, with one track going to the far stall for light repairs. The building doesn't stand during my modern modeling time, but when he asked if I'd be interested in a kit, I jumped at the offer, if only to help him with capital to work on my N scale projects. I know he had a few in the design pipeline but I think this was his last official N scale kit released.

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +5404
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
« Reply #874 on: April 05, 2020, 05:13:39 PM »
Are you going to steal some aisle to make enough real estate for the engine house?  That's going to become a signature scene, even if it's a bit anachronistic.
Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

mu26aeh

• Crew
  • Respect: +3088
« Reply #875 on: April 05, 2020, 05:23:41 PM »
I have a bump out built in to accommodate the engine house.  If I need to add more space, can do if needed.  And if needed at that point, I can cut the yard at the far right before all the tracks come back together and lengthen them.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 05:34:35 PM by mu26aeh »