Author Topic: Let's see your Corona projects  (Read 45846 times)

MK

• Crew
  • Respect: +720
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2020, 09:16:03 AM »
Don't shake the box!  :D

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +8039
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2020, 10:00:02 AM »
OK, not a high quality modeling product, but I finally got time to start my ops test layout.  It is basically Kato track spaghetti in a race track motif.  The object is to have somewhere to break in locos and test equipment like coupler types, uncoupling techniques, etc. in N scale operations.  So, I sandwiched in an engine terminal, yard, A&D track, and an industrial switching area.  Track is down and fitted, with most of it electrically tested.  Now I need to hook up all those wires to a real control area.  Don't expect to hear about that getting completed for a bit.

(Attachment Link)

Very cool. I had a LOT of fun playing on a similar layout. Road train comes in, break it down, switch some industries, build a train for the four cardinal directions based on car owner. Simple but very fun.

And if you want to make it take an entire day... use TrainCrew! http://traincrew.conrail1285.com/

Dave V

• Crew
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +8552
« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2020, 11:34:32 AM »
+6
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Iain

• Crew
  • Na sgrìobhaidh a Iain
  • Respect: +346
    • The Best Puppers
« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2020, 04:11:33 PM »
+2
In addition to doing NS 8001:

https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=49117.0

I decided my ESM low side gons needed some attention, and finally painted them:

Probably decal them in the next few days, though I've got an eye on the rain expected next week.  I don't want to decal until right before I get on a sealer coat, and the weather needs to be nice for that.
Thanks much,
Mairi Dulaney, RHCE
Member, Free Software Foundation and Norfolk Southern Historical Society

http://jdulaney.com

seusscaboose

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +190
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2020, 04:31:39 PM »
+2
:D

Nah, couldn't be. Those are to keep the first floor from falling into the basement, just gussied-up. You'd get rope burns from wrapping your legs around those and doin' the sliding moves. Stripper poles are brass or nickel plated. Platform, too. But you know all that.  :P

it will be NICKEL PLATEd for sure
"I have a train full of basements"

NKPH&TS #3589

Inspiration at:
http://nkphts.org/modelersnotebook

seusscaboose

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +190
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2020, 04:32:52 PM »
+1
And more specifically, Glen Burnie... :trollface:

You Sir, are free to eat a large bag  :trollface:
"I have a train full of basements"

NKPH&TS #3589

Inspiration at:
http://nkphts.org/modelersnotebook

Brian M

• Crew
  • Respect: +258
    • Hudson Valley Lines
« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2020, 04:34:42 PM »
+9
My 5 year old daughter asked me if we could set up her small train set (her words) last night.  She really enjoys placing the buildings and trees around and then moving the various animal characters through the "town".  I added some outlines for paths to connect the houses.  Highly detailed modeling it is not, but we all start somewhere.

Also doesn't fall into the modeling category, but it was a mini project force upon me by the current environment.  Yesterday morning I knocked together a dedicated work space for myself since I'm now working from home until this all blows over.  I'm blessed to have a comfortable basement with carpet and windows that let in plenty of natural light, so this new work environment is really quite relaxing.  Plus, I'm surrounded by my trains (and maybe some Legos).   :P

-Brian.

Pamela Clapp

• Crew
  • Respect: +140
« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2020, 06:16:04 PM »
I hope you will be reading N-Scale Magazine and considering sending us an article on your latest projects. We are always looking for new articles to publish. If you have an idea for an article, either a "how-to" or an article on your layout, please get in touch with us at info@nscalemagazine.com  We'd love to feature your work in N-Scale Magazine. If you would like to simply read about N scale projects, new products or view some amazing layouts, please check out N-Scale Magazine. You can subscribe online to have a copy shipped directly to you at www.nscalemagazine.com  The May/June issue ships the first week of April. Hope you will join us.

Dave V

• Crew
« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2020, 07:26:06 PM »
+2
HOn3 but not N scale...

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2020, 11:43:16 PM »
+2
I was going to do a bunch of track laying but instead did some much more basic stuff.

I added a keyboard tray under my workbench to hold "in use" tools between operations. It was tough to do anything using it though with this goober around though.

I'm pretty happy with the weathering though.

Dave V

• Crew
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2020, 01:34:19 AM »
+4

MK

• Crew
  • Respect: +720
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2020, 08:22:17 AM »
Ed, you're my hero!  Your workbench looks like mine!  :)

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2020, 10:06:04 AM »
Ed, you're my hero!  Your workbench looks like mine!  :)

Hahaha. Straightening it up a BIT was actually a project this past weekend too. But that was basically just so I could put a big tray on it to hold my Pan Pastels while I was working on cars. Otherwise it'd be a REAL mess.

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +2288
« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2020, 10:13:24 AM »
Hahaha. Straightening it up a BIT...

Great minds. While I didn't exactly clean-up the work tables over the weekend, I replaced and relocated the computer desk, which of course started a new, cleared-off surface just itching to be cluttered again. Also moved a $#!+load of stuff around the layout room prepping for new benchwork construction.

carlso

• Crew
  • Respect: +488
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2020, 10:44:31 AM »
+2
This one project of mine is nowhere as fantastic as all of the above but it is helping me pass the days. All the bars are closed, so I can't say "it is keeping me out of the bars".

My refinery, on club layout, needed some appropriate sounds so I  have made them. I found a website with a plethora of "sounds", downloaded a number and put them together for 2 nice sound files. I made one unique to the inside plant sounds. The 2nd is for sounds around the main gate/loading rack area. What will I play them with. Two of these.......................

The right side is a voltage regulator with power out connected to the MP3 player. What you see here is a "work bench" set up so I can try different speakers. Qrtr to show relative sizes.

As always, having fun,
Carl

Carl Sowell
El Paso, Texas