Author Topic: Let's see your Corona projects  (Read 54514 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SkipGear

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2431
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +647
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #330 on: May 01, 2020, 03:17:23 AM »
+4
After 2 failed attempts at printing at an angle as everyone suggests, I decided just to keep it simple to get a first from drawing to print under my belt. I stood it straight up and boom, it works. Corona project underway just in time to head back to work Monday.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Tony Hines

diezmon

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1162
  • Gender: Male
  • Do they speak English in "What"?
  • Respect: +264
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #331 on: May 01, 2020, 10:20:11 AM »
0
After 2 failed attempts at printing at an angle as everyone suggests, I decided just to keep it simple to get a first from drawing to print under my belt. I stood it straight up and boom, it works. Corona project underway just in time to head back to work Monday.

(Attachment Link)

Looks great.  I'm having my own struggles right now with angled prints.  The interwebs make it look so easy.

nkalanaga

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 10593
  • Respect: +1771
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #332 on: May 01, 2020, 02:08:48 PM »
0
Congratulations!  Both for getting it to print, and for going back to work.  Hope your job allows everyone to stay safe, either by distancing, or by proper PPE, so you can keep working.
N Kalanaga
Be well

Dave V

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 12281
  • Gender: Male
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +11772
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #333 on: May 01, 2020, 02:18:56 PM »
+5
Here’s another Corona project I finished.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 02:21:55 PM by Dave V »

CHUCKGEO

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 58
  • Respect: +126
Shop Conversion Troop MOW Car
« Reply #334 on: May 01, 2020, 03:02:36 PM »
+3
Spliced two MT Troop Kitchen Cars at length comparable to KATO Baggage/RPO Car. Primered, then painted Alaska Blue. Will finish with current ARR decal stripes and lettering.

railnerd

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 764
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +230
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #335 on: May 01, 2020, 10:18:12 PM »
+3
Finally got back on the wagon and did a lunchtime (light-handed) weathering project.  Working remote sucks, but it is better than not working.

-Dave


MegaBlackJoe

  • Posts: 12
  • Respect: +29
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #336 on: May 03, 2020, 03:46:25 PM »
+2
I have designed and laser cut my first Z scale kit. It's a track maintenance workers' house typical for early to mid century in Russia.


mu26aeh

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5868
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4871
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #337 on: May 03, 2020, 03:50:59 PM »
+2
Nice weather and the PA governor finally coming to his senses to allow residential construction to open back up gave me the push to start prepping for the addition.  I tore off the roof that was over the back porch.  I'm shocked that it stood for 26 years given the construction of it.




Steveruger45

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1724
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +543
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #338 on: May 03, 2020, 06:48:40 PM »
+3
Had a go at heavy weathering and patching an old boxcar that I bought in the 90’s to be more relevant to my era with bits and pieces I had lying around, also bought in the 90’s.  I removed the roof walk and filled the holes.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 06:51:42 PM by Steveruger45 »
Steve

glakedylan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1486
  • Gender: Male
  • Give Respect. Expect Respect.
  • Respect: +249
    • Justice Kindness Humbleness —Micah 6.8
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #339 on: May 03, 2020, 07:37:02 PM »
0
Steve, that is some fantastic weathering! wow...
nice job on the track, as well.


kudos
Gary
PRRT&HS #9304 | PHILLY CHAPTER #2384

cjp53

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 147
  • Respect: +2
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #340 on: May 03, 2020, 08:55:17 PM »
0
I was able to add scenery to my grandson's layout,but still need some pine trees, bushes plus cows and horses.Sorry about the side way postings,was from my iphone. Actually all three were.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 09:31:55 PM by cjp53 »

wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7455
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #341 on: May 03, 2020, 10:55:40 PM »
0
Had a go at heavy weathering and patching an old boxcar that I bought in the 90’s to be more relevant to my era with bits and pieces I had lying around, also bought in the 90’s.  I removed the roof walk and filled the holes.

(Attachment Link)

Um.  Wouldn't an RF&P car have ended up in the CSX roster?  It was pretty much wholly owned by Chessie and Seaboard.  Just curious if you have a prototype you worked from...
Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

Steveruger45

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1724
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +543
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #342 on: May 04, 2020, 07:37:47 AM »
0
Lee, you are probably correct and that’s what I thought would be more probable too.
I didn’t research though. 

Like I said I did this with what I had lying around and was trying to make something out of nothing. Couldn’t get CSXT out of the decals I have on hand.  NS came from the last two words I had in “Southern” on my previously used and 30 year old remains of a decal set.  The 30 year old floquil weathering paint set was all dried up and separated too, but managed to revive it some, all I had useable in the end was rust and grime.  Even the old pastel chalks were breaking up and clumping.

In a way you could say I was retro-weathering.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 10:44:48 AM by Steveruger45 »
Steve

Steveruger45

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1724
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +543
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #343 on: May 04, 2020, 11:56:38 AM »
0
Steve, that is some fantastic weathering! wow...
nice job on the track, as well.


kudos
Gary

Thanks Gary.   This car is a total foob BTW.  Am having a clear out and was using up what I could of some 30 year old bits and pieces I know no one else would want.  I was actually surprised the 30 year old decals were still useable.
Anyhow this has given a bit more confidence to try and weather and turn some other old and unwanted stuff into something I can use and be somewhat believable on my 90’s era and more western US (Texas) layout.
Steve

glakedylan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1486
  • Gender: Male
  • Give Respect. Expect Respect.
  • Respect: +249
    • Justice Kindness Humbleness —Micah 6.8
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #344 on: May 04, 2020, 12:43:09 PM »
0
hey Steve...
I had long ago come to the conclusion that concern over foobs in this hobby
just diminishes that fun.
yes, i can certainly appreciate accuracy to the 1:1 world of railroads,
but when it comes to some things, what is available and what I can afford
places me in a compromised place of foobs being better than nada.
and, yes, making use of what we have on hand, especially in a time like this
when many things are just not procurable.
nonetheless, your work demonstates a skill and creativity that i truly
appreciate.
sincerely
Gary
PRRT&HS #9304 | PHILLY CHAPTER #2384