Author Topic: Let's see your Corona projects  (Read 54521 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

djconway

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 487
  • Respect: +76
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #315 on: April 28, 2020, 12:12:59 PM »
0
second attempt at getting the photo [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Frank Amato

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1407
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +930
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #316 on: April 28, 2020, 12:43:27 PM »
0
@Dirk Jan Blikkendaal, your ATSF models are lit - really nice work!

  Frank

wm3798

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 16564
  • Gender: Male
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +7455
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #317 on: April 28, 2020, 01:09:20 PM »
0
I took a moment to freshen up my old You Tube channel.  Organized the clips and snippets into reasonably coherent play lists.

https://www.youtube.com/user/artboy41/playlists

Plus, started uploading some more recent treasures...

Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

nkalanaga

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 10593
  • Respect: +1771
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #318 on: April 28, 2020, 02:51:09 PM »
0
Train1:  Nice heritage schemes.  They look better than some of the ones the real roads have done.
N Kalanaga
Be well

Jbub

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1908
  • Gender: Male
  • HP 9999
  • Respect: +610
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #319 on: April 28, 2020, 04:54:43 PM »
0
I took a moment to freshen up my old You Tube channel.  Organized the clips and snippets into reasonably coherent play lists.

https://www.youtube.com/user/artboy41/playlists

Plus, started uploading some more recent treasures...

Who needs sound decoder's? These engines almost sound like the real thing.  :trollface:
"Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!"

Darth Vader

CRL

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2345
  • Needs More Dirt.
  • Respect: +643
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #320 on: April 28, 2020, 05:44:49 PM »
+2
Who needs sound decoder's? These engines almost sound like the real thing.  :trollface:

What works even better is tiny piece of card stock stuck in the armature and held in place by a tiny clothespin.

R L Smith

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 810
  • Respect: +864
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #321 on: April 28, 2020, 10:16:02 PM »
+3
I've actually made good progress on my layout over the last several weeks, and am preparing to start laying track on the upper deck.  One of the first steps for that task is to add magnets to the underside of the atlas C55 turnouts to hold the points against the stock rail. 3 down, a lot more to go...





Ron
ELRRHS member. NMRA Mid-Central Region Division 11 Assistant Superintendent.

If the women don't find you handsome, make sure they find you handy...

Iain

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4893
  • Gender: Female
  • Na sgrìobhaidh a Iain
  • Respect: +839
    • The Best Puppers
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #322 on: April 29, 2020, 12:02:36 AM »
0
oops, forgot I'd already posted this.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 12:08:15 AM by Iain »
I like ducks



OldEastRR

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3785
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +516
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #323 on: April 29, 2020, 12:03:01 AM »
0
Who needs sound decoder's? These engines almost sound like the real thing.  :trollface:

yes they do!!

Mark W

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1988
  • Respect: +2125
    • Free-moNebraska
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #324 on: April 29, 2020, 05:51:34 PM »
+3
This one definitely falls under the Corona Project list.  I have been eyeing the FVM 1935 Hiawatha 'cars only' set for a while, only held back by the lack of 4-4-2.  Well with the 25% off deal last week, I had to jump.

Such a gorgeous set, I'm very disappointment I missed out on the 4-4-2 to go with it.  I really hope the next run, which has been 'on hold' since 2015, will still make it to market one day.   
(Until then, if anyone has one they're willing to part with, lets deal!)

So now my task is finding out what power to use in place of the 4-4-2.


I started out with a Mikado, it doesn't look too bad, could be believable. 


https://i.imgur.com/E3xpfA0.jpg


But then I did something silly.  I had a Minitrix switcher sitting in a box for years.  It starts with a jolt, but will back down to some respectable slow speed.  Maybe I can re-work it for better performance and DCC.

But the way it looks heading up this train... I... I kinda like it!  :lol:


https://i.imgur.com/nSdlVd2.jpg



Not to worry though.  I was informed that GHQ made a Hiawatha F-7 conversion for a Con Cor Hudson, which happens to be another piece I've had laying in a box for years! 
I was able to find a kit and have one on the way.  I really enjoyed the Burlington O-4 conversion for my Kato Mikado, so I'm quite excited about this one!


In the mean time, I might have some more fun with this silly Minitrix and do a little re-paint.  Here's the mock-up; I have a feeling folks will either love this or hate it!  :P


Contact me about custom model building.
Learn more about Free-moNebraska.
Learn more about HOn3-mo.

peteski

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 35311
  • Gender: Male
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +6656
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #325 on: April 29, 2020, 06:38:15 PM »
+1
Any high speed loco (large diameter drivers) would be at home pulling this train.
That repainted diesel looks pretty good too,.  :)
. . . 42 . . .

Mark W

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1988
  • Respect: +2125
    • Free-moNebraska
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #326 on: April 29, 2020, 08:18:26 PM »
0
Yep, the GHQ Hiawatha F-7 conversion will turn this old Con Cor into something a lot more pretty!


https://i.imgur.com/MZZyiZ2.jpg


http://www.ghqmodels.com/store/media/m-images/55001.jpg
Contact me about custom model building.
Learn more about Free-moNebraska.
Learn more about HOn3-mo.

peteski

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 35311
  • Gender: Male
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +6656
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #327 on: April 29, 2020, 08:32:48 PM »
0
You going to do it?  That would look cool!
. . . 42 . . .

Iain

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 4893
  • Gender: Female
  • Na sgrìobhaidh a Iain
  • Respect: +839
    • The Best Puppers
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #328 on: April 29, 2020, 10:39:41 PM »
0
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

I've started laying out where grab irons and suchlike are going to go.
I like ducks



nkalanaga

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 10593
  • Respect: +1771
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #329 on: April 30, 2020, 12:25:29 AM »
0
That diesel doesn't look any worse, or more out of place, than the MILW's original or semi-streamlined boxcab electrics.   I don't know if either of those ever pulled the original Hiawatha, but it wouldn't be impossible.
N Kalanaga
Be well