Author Topic: Let's see your Corona projects  (Read 54509 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Chris333

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 19617
  • Respect: +6938
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #255 on: April 19, 2020, 06:12:00 PM »
0
I don't know Corel at all, but I used to save CAD files as .dxf so I could send them to someone with Corel. Don't know if that works in reverse.

peteski

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 35311
  • Gender: Male
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +6656
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #256 on: April 19, 2020, 06:27:59 PM »
0
Unfortunately, the ancient version of Corel Draw I am using does not export to any cad file types.

Are you sure?  Maybe you simply did not install the export filters?  What version are you using?

I used Corel since V3 and now on V10 and V12.  I don't recall V3 export filters, but I'm pretty sure that V7 had at least DWG (AutoCAD) export filter.  Also PDF and AI formats preserve vectors, so maybe you could use that format?
. . . 42 . . .

SkipGear

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2431
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +647
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #257 on: April 19, 2020, 06:44:51 PM »
0
I'm using Select, which was new 20 years ago just before they started into the X numbering system. LOL. Until now it has done everything I needed. I had a working copy of x4 but after a computer crash a while back, I could never get it back. At the time, X4 was too much for the computer I was using. I have the computer capability now and no more access to x4. Might have to buy the student home edition, that is basically what mine was way back when.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 07:02:30 PM by SkipGear »
Tony Hines

peteski

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 35311
  • Gender: Male
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +6656
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #258 on: April 19, 2020, 07:05:07 PM »
0
I'm using Select, which was new 20 years ago. LOL. Until now it has done everything I needed. I had a working copy of 10 but after a computer crash a while back, I could never get it back. At the time, 10 was too much for the computer I was using. I have the computer now and no more access to 10.

My V10 has copyright year 2000 (so that  is 20 years too)! Wasn't Select a student version, just bare bones?
If you still have the V10 serial number, I can copy the install CD and send it to you.
Or you can look for the older versions on eBay - they are quite affordable.
. . . 42 . . .

SkipGear

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 2431
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +647
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #259 on: April 19, 2020, 07:13:58 PM »
0
My V10 has copyright year 2000 (so that  is 20 years too)! Wasn't Select a student version, just bare bones?
If you still have the V10 serial number, I can copy the install CD and send it to you.
Or you can look for the older versions on eBay - they are quite affordable.

Was just on Corel's website and the 2019 student home edition is $129.99. I have seen a couple places advertise it cheaper so I just may update. I just hate relearning a program that I already know.
Tony Hines

peteski

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 35311
  • Gender: Male
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +6656
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #260 on: April 19, 2020, 07:48:36 PM »
0
Was just on Corel's website and the 2019 student home edition is $129.99. I have seen a couple places advertise it cheaper so I just may update. I just hate relearning a program that I already know.

Version 10 would not require any relearning. :)  And student edition probably will not include those export filters either. IMO, bad idea.

Even if you don't want a copy of Version 10, you can probably pick  similar vintage version for less than $50. Fully-blown program (not a stripped student version).
. . . 42 . . .

mu26aeh

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 5868
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +4871
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #261 on: April 19, 2020, 08:02:52 PM »
+2
I should use this time, even though I'm still working, to start planning for the stone loadout at Bittinger.



Goes along with my lime building I did for one of the challenges


fcnrwy23

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 431
  • Home of the FCN
  • Respect: +617
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #262 on: April 19, 2020, 09:14:35 PM »
+6
Well with most of my other projects getting done..
I have gone back to some older ones, to have another look see.. :P

I do like unique and oddball locomotives and with rebuilds, there is allot of variety.
The Wisconsin Central was known for doing A LOT of rebuilds, and making something out of nothing.
I saw this unit in 1995. But, did not get a photo of it at the time.  I later found a photo, on one of the prototype picture sites and kept a copy for future reference.   
With my vast supply of B23 parts, it was only natural I would something.  :D

Frankenstein Loco...



Body = Undec B23. After I disassembled and primed the whole thing.  I masked off and painted the nose and cab, "UP yellow".  After, masking off the "UP yellow", I than spot-painted areas, "Conrail Blue".  And finally, masked off the Conrail blue areas and painted the entire body, NS "Engine" black.
I decaled the unit, using photos to place and mis-place the respective railroad's logos and stripping.
The one truck is from a Santa Fe unit, while the second is a stock Undec one.
I numbered the unit, But, now that I am revisiting this project. I plan on adding some more data misplacement..  ;)

Second project that I have dusted off....

Salvaged B23s...
  I made two of these some years ago and sold them off.  The exCSX, exxConrail #3177 was done after my last big MOW project.. I believe that was the "Welded Rail Train". This one turned out pretty well.   So, I have decided to add a few more for the turntable tracks behind the "Shops Yard" engine house...



They are basically body shells with NEW styrene frames.  Frames that have to accommodate the original trucks and allow them to roll freely.



The frames are made from "Tile/Sidewalk" sheets of styrene (Evergreen 4515), the 3/16"squares size.  The "Pins" are 3/32" tubes(223) and the "Centering Guide" inside the trucks are 5/32" tube stock(225).  Which fit perfectly into the Atlas gear tower opening. With the thickness of the .040" styrene and the height of the "Wheel wipers" the frame/coupler heights are pretty spot-on.  The 'Guts" details have been replicated from photos I have found of similar locos in the same state and stage of salvage...


Jerry G.

VonRyan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 3108
  • Gender: Male
  • Yes, No, Maybe So
  • Respect: +691
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #263 on: April 23, 2020, 10:12:51 AM »
+5
Modeling by @ChristianJDavis1
Advertising prepared by @DKS

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Cody W Fisher  —  Wandering soul from a bygone era.

In Memoriam
Bill Kidd
Bill “Rep” Repholz
Erik Seidelmann

glakedylan

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1486
  • Gender: Male
  • Give Respect. Expect Respect.
  • Respect: +249
    • Justice Kindness Humbleness —Micah 6.8
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #264 on: April 23, 2020, 12:07:12 PM »
+2
this is where my projects in this time have come to a halt


ordered paint over 2 weeks ago and decals a week ago
decals arrived in 3 days
paint is still without a tracking number or word from the supplier
so i am being patient and practicing my photo skills


[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]


be safe, be well
Gary
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 06:52:57 PM by glakedylan »
PRRT&HS #9304 | PHILLY CHAPTER #2384

ChristianJDavis1

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 570
  • Gender: Male
  • I almost killed DKS.
  • Respect: +226
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #265 on: April 23, 2020, 05:39:25 PM »
+4
Modeling by @ChristianJDavis1
Advertising prepared by @DKS

(Attachment Link)








As it sits now awaiting decals.
- Christian J. Davis

johnb

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 1786
  • Respect: +969
    • My blog
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #266 on: April 23, 2020, 05:46:09 PM »
0
Finally, I have finished laying the track in the yard. All of the track from for the extension has been recycled from my scrapped Pacific Coast Railway and from T.H.E.R.R. that is in Showlow, AZ after it was rebuilt with Unitrack.

After the track was laid, I assembled a 9 car train of 40 foot boxcars and snaked it through the yard, and a 3 car train through the junction since the staging track isn’t laid yet.
Next up on the hit parade is wiring. Joy.


The two tracks in the yard can hold 17 40ft boxcars, not sure about the team track in front of the relocated freight station.

peteski

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 35311
  • Gender: Male
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +6656
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #267 on: April 23, 2020, 06:37:09 PM »
0



As it sits now awaiting decals.

That is pretty cool!  I see some Karo-heritage in this super-docksider!  Neat idea!  Probably runs as a Kato too (um, as well as a tender loco can).
. . . 42 . . .

ChristianJDavis1

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 570
  • Gender: Male
  • I almost killed DKS.
  • Respect: +226
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #268 on: April 23, 2020, 06:45:05 PM »
0
That is pretty cool!  I see some Karo-heritage in this super-docksider!  Neat idea!  Probably runs as a Kato too (um, as well as a tender loco can).

You would be correct; Kato JNR 9600 class 2-8-0 mechanism. It was the catalyst to begin cutting because before that I just had several docksiders and an idea of what it would look like, but nothing to put it on. Needs a little work to run better (pickup obviously isn't great).
- Christian J. Davis

pdx1955

  • Crew
  • *
  • Posts: 687
  • Gender: Male
  • Respect: +477
Re: Let's see your Corona projects
« Reply #269 on: April 23, 2020, 07:49:26 PM »
0
That is pretty cool!  I see some Karo-heritage in this super-docksider!  Neat idea!  Probably runs as a Kato too (um, as well as a tender loco can).

Actually, this reminds me of a Minarets 2-8-2T that was used for lots of logging operations. Just make the bunker area and pilot a bit longer and this would be about there. Hmmm..the possibilities!
Peter

"No one ever died because of a bad question, but bad assumptions can kill"