Author Topic: Best motor tool I ever had  (Read 1598 times)

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2098
Best motor tool I ever had
« on: March 12, 2020, 04:06:37 PM »
/>
Just got this . Everything I ever wanted in a Motor Tool

High capacity keyed chuck .6 - 6mm . Dremel's 9/32 x 40 TPI threads are not available in keyed chucks nor are .275 x 40 TPI which is a fit mentioned on a Non Dremel web site .

Quiet , less than 1/2 the noise than a Dremel IMO .

Lower speed range than Dremel . Say bye bye to melted plastic and burnt drill bits .

Reversible

Price , Less than 65 bucks , sometimes 20 odd bucks ! I bought high because I am an idiot . :?

I respect and thank Dremel for all they have done , Their weakness IMO is their variable speed controller , and shaft lock . I have had many many types of Dremel's over the years as well as other manufacturers .

Richie Dost

pmpexpress

• Crew
  • Respect: +128
    • Trains N Scale
Re: Best motor tool I ever had
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 09:38:17 PM »
/>
Just got this . Everything I ever wanted in a Motor Tool

High capacity keyed chuck .6 - 6mm . Dremel's 9/32 x 40 TPI threads are not available in keyed chucks nor are .275 x 40 TPI which is a fit mentioned on a Non Dremel web site .

Quiet , less than 1/2 the noise than a Dremel IMO .

Lower speed range than Dremel . Say bye bye to melted plastic and burnt drill bits .

Reversible

Price , Less than 65 bucks , sometimes 20 odd bucks ! I bought high because I am an idiot . :?

I respect and thank Dremel for all they have done , Their weakness IMO is their variable speed controller , and shaft lock . I have had many many types of Dremel's over the years as well as other manufacturers .

The low price and the great review prompted me to go ahead and order two of these rotary tools from Banggood for $21.99 each with free shipping when a 340pcs Rotary Tool Accessory Set was added.

Thanks for sharing the info.

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1569
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 10:01:45 PM »
Once you go cordless, you never go back.   :D
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA

Lemosteam

• Crew
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +3123
    • Designer at Keystone Details
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 10:37:54 PM »
Links?

Lemosteam

• Crew
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +3123
    • Designer at Keystone Details
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 06:53:31 AM »
72 watt micro electric hand drill ...... search that in amazon

Google  https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1849&bih=921&ei=nAhrXvipHcqEytMPl9qmwAM&q=72+watt+micro+electric+hand+drill&oq=72+watt+micro+electric+hand+drill&gs_l=img.12...2252.2252..4580...0.0..0.84.84.1......0....2j1..gws-wiz-img.nLViSnYBFCE&ved=0ahUKEwj455ahy5boAhVKgnIEHRetCTgQ4dUDCAY

Ebay https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=72+watt+micro+electric+hand+drill&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_oac=1

Here it is to show size next to some others .

Thanks Richie, your original post did not contain anything searchable, that I could pick up on at least.

Bummer that there is no way to attach the dremel flex shaft to the unit.  I use that all the time and hang the dremel.

ncbqguy

• Crew
  • Respect: +384
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2020, 11:31:45 AM »
I couldn’t find the unit on Amazon or eBay and decided to look at Banggood even though I had no idea of what or where that was.   Got the unit plus a pen size drill for $37 including shipping.  Tooools!!!!
Charlie Vlk

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
  • Respect: +986
Tom D.

I have a mind like a steel trap...a VERY rusty, old steel trap.

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +2285
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2020, 02:11:58 PM »
Have people noted that some of these tools (as the one in that link) are 220V? 
Most of us are in the US and would prefer a 110 volt version.

Several of the listings I noticed spec'ed the power supply as "100V-240V" or something like that. The tool itself seems to be at some lower DC voltage, with the power supply a universal switching type like you get with computers, etc.

That's my take, at least.

up1950s

• Crew
  • Respect: +2098
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2020, 02:45:17 PM »
Have people noted that some of these tools (as the one in that link) are 220V? 
Most of us are in the US and would prefer a 110 volt version.

More and more things today are designed to take both 110 and 220 in the design . This takes both , works on both , likes either , probably cheaper to manufacture that way than 2 different runs . This has the USA  110 plug so if you want to stick it in a 220 USA outlet you will need a plug adapter , same for across the pond where they use a pin type 220 outlet .

Richie Dost

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4593
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2020, 04:43:25 PM »
Looking at the size and shape relative to a Dremel, this tool is not for me.  When I use a power tool like that I like for my hand to be closest possible to the bit.  After all, I usually do some precision N scale grinding (not sanding a large gourd). This tool is not only chunky at the holding end, because it uses a standard Jacobs chuck, the bit will be too far from where I'm holding it.

I have modified the speed controller on my Dremel, so I can dial it to a lower speed than the factory settign (but lately I had some problems with that).  However, as I understand there are external speed controller for Dremel type of a power tool which allow slower speeds.
. . . 42 . . .

haasmarc

• Crew
  • Respect: +731
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2020, 09:58:47 PM »
I have one of these and love it:

I don't know why Dremel quit making it.

Marc Haas
Keeping the Reading alive in N scale!