Author Topic: PRR L1s from a Minitrix Decapod- resurrected from the A-Board  (Read 2177 times)

Lemosteam

• Crew
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +3160
    • Designer at Keystone Details
Re: PRR L1s from a Minitrix Decapod- resurrected from the A-Board
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2020, 03:46:33 PM »
+4
For this installment I will take us up to the point where I stopped for several years. 

After fitting the pewter tender shell onto the Minitrix chassis, I began to superdetail some of the boiler and almost all of the tender.

All of the brass details (except the wire) came from extra GHQ L1 kit etched frets, and of course the doghouse.  The stirrups on rear pilot were fashioned from brass strip and twisted, like the prototype. 

Up front I hollowed out the GHQ headlight casting for a 90 degree fiber optic strand (before 0402 LED were readily available). and an aluminum support bracket.  The front grabs, steam generator and bracket are also GHQ. The poor rendering of the sand dome was hand cast from lead.

This is how the model rested for several years until I decided to finish her up for the last month.  Many of my Keystone Details designs in CAD are now available for me to much improve things, much to my delight and those updates will be forthcoming soon.

Thanks for looking.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 03:58:26 PM by Lemosteam »