Author Topic: Grapevine, Texas NTS 2023 - Announcements  (Read 9390 times)

learmoia

• Crew
  • Respect: +907
Re: Grapevine, Texas NTS 2023 - Announcements
« Reply #120 on: September 05, 2023, 03:42:52 PM »
Interesting .. what I've seen of UK modeling, there is a pretty good body of work that could put a lot of us to shame .. now I don't follow UK track standards, but I do have to agree with you that Peco should provide an accurate track set for the UK modelers .. maybe its economies of scale, - ie how much return on the investment .. especially in US market

I've started watching Sam's Trains on youtube and at least from his point of view, he is very budget conscious.. and he is pretty critical of new Rapido models and overpriced Hornby and Bachmann stuff.

~Ian
~Ian

dem34

• Crew
  • Only here to learn through Osmosis
  • Respect: +1074
« Reply #121 on: September 05, 2023, 10:08:45 PM »
Eh grain of salt. Lot of the British market does come across as a bunch of bass trying to shiv eachother in a Fish bowl. His budget solution to the panel wagons wouldn't break even if he tried to sell them competitively.
-Al

nstars

• Crew
  • Respect: +52
« Reply #122 on: September 06, 2023, 04:58:30 PM »
+2
Agreed. Sam Trains has some interesting info but not all is useful. People have to understand that UK model railroading is quite different to US model railroading. Most people don’t have a space for a home layout so most people build small portable layouts for use in the many local exhibitions. From experience I can tell you that there are jewels under these layout. This weekend we’re going to TINGS (The International N Gauge Show) and I’m certain there will be some very nice layouts (using among others Peco track).

BTW there is one important aspect of Peco I didn’t mention yet. Peco as a company does exist for a long time and is still financially a very robust company. They achieved this by producing everything in house and not overstretching their capabilities. The American N scale track is a good example of this, the designs were already made years ago, but the capacity wasn’t there yet.

Marc
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 05:05:52 PM by nstars »