Author Topic: East Tennessee & Western North Carolina RR ("The Tweetsie") branchline in On30  (Read 40820 times)

p51

• Crew
  • Respect: +633
+2
I finally broke these figures out and cleaned them up, then washed them in detergent.
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
They're 3D figures from the UK:
https://www.modelu3d.co.uk/
Two will be locomotive crew in ET&WNC locomotive number 14, one will be a civilian employee and the rest of the adults will be members of the railroad Army unit.
The two kids though... those will be Mom and Dad.
They grew up very close to each other and knew each other as little kids. So on my layout, that's how they'll remain.
Hazel and Gary Bishop 
1936-2023

God, how I miss you, Mom and Dad...

p51

• Crew
+4
It took too long but I hadn't found kid figures that I felt would work until after Dad passed, but Mom and Dad are now on the layout.
The girl they scanned was older than the boy and Mom and Dad were 9 months apart with Dad being the older but I think it works anyway.
Mom always liked red, so that's what she's wearing.

p51

• Crew
+7
The MR Planning Annual just showed up, with my layout article.

p51

• Crew
+1
I recently combined a few short layout videos into a shorty one for YouTube, just for the heck of it:
https://youtube.com/shorts/nvxUwCglKvU?si=WUo2L_DBuanwKKkz

p51

• Crew
I was asked to take part in a discussion about op sessions on small layouts recently: 

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +8039
    • Conrail 1285
I just read your article in MRP.

Freaking awesome man. Congrats on that.

And it never really sank in how much you've accomplished in your space given your scale. That makes your work even more impressive.

p51

• Crew
I just read your article in MRP.

Freaking awesome man. Congrats on that.

And it never really sank in how much you've accomplished in your space given your scale. That makes your work even more impressive.
Thanks a lot, Ed. That means a great deal to me.

p51

• Crew
For the longest time, I'd been wanting to put a date nail into the fascia of the layout for the year in which it takes place.
Online, date nails aren't cheap, so when I found on at a model train show today for just two bucks, I couldn't resist.
So, after a quick hole drilled and a dab of Gorilla Glue to secure it, and it's finally in.