Author Topic: Plano, Tx Train show this weekend Jan. 18-19  (Read 431 times)

txronharris

• Crew
  • Respect: +18
Plano, Tx Train show this weekend Jan. 18-19
« on: January 14, 2020, 11:32:36 AM »
All the info here:

https://www.dfwtrainshows.com/

Planning to be there most of day Saturday and to go to some of the layouts on the tour. Will post some pics for everyone to see.

Albert in N

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
Re: Plano, Tx Train show this weekend Jan. 18-19
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 09:12:41 PM »
I plan on being there Saturday.  Will bring a 1947 vintage Lionel set to sell to the 3-Rail O guys plus will also bring some surplus N scale to swap for other N scale items.  I will be searching for a Kato blue and yellow Santa Fe F-7 B unit, possibly Kato N Southern Pacific diesel (any), plus trade some Micro-Trains freight cars.  I also have a bunch of N scale Preiser, Merten, Atlas, and Woodland Scenics painted people and animal figures.  Haven't been to that show in years and I am really looking forward to seeing the show and checking on old friends.

coldriver

• Crew
  • Respect: +322
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 08:33:51 AM »
I'll be there. 

Rivet Miscounter

• Crew
  • Respect: +38
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 10:09:26 AM »
@txronharris can you text me please.  My phone is in bizarro world right now and I seem to have lost our text chain.

As it stands right now, I plan to be out there around 1pm.  But that could change.
Doug

Rossford Yard

• Crew
  • Respect: +48
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 10:39:41 AM »
Ended up going a few hours, turned out to be worth it. A few new layouts and they finally moved some vendors around from their traditional locations, so it was interesting to walk through.  It had gotten a bit stale for me.

Albert in N

• Crew
  • Respect: +28
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 07:32:41 PM »
 :|  The show was a lot of fun and has not changed much over the years.  Of course, all the old men like me have aged but still have the same interest in trains.  I sold the Lionel trains and some excess N scale, including the N people and animals.  I pointed out to the
plastic figures buyer that I now have problems seeing the N scale cats in the Woodland Scenics cats and dogs set.  But basically I forgot to assume any locomotives that you buy at a train show probably won't run and likely are problems passed on to the next owner.  An aged modeler from another part of the state indicated he was downsizing and that his N locomotives worked.  I fell for a Model Power Rock Island pacific new in the box.  Also, he had an old Atlas Rivarossi 0-8-0 that I wanted.  I already owned a B&O Model Power pacific and an Atlas 0-8-0 that did not run and would be parts sources for the the ones I wanted to buy.  So, I bargained and bought the pacific for $80 and the 0-8-0 for $38 cash.  When I got home, the new-in-box pacific ran probably 20 minutes and then locked down.   Then I read Mark's Spookshow review; yep!  The Atlas 0-8-0 did not run at all.  Hopefully, I can get them running with the parts source I have.  In a new topic, I will ask for a$$hat tips on the Model Power pacific.