Author Topic: Keystone Details release of NYC T Section Caboose Truck  (Read 437 times)

Lemosteam

• Crew
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +1285
    • Designer at Keystone Details
Keystone Details release of NYC T Section Caboose Truck
« on: January 13, 2020, 08:28:45 AM »
+4
Announcing a new set of trucks for NYC modelers that was commissioned by an HO modeler of the NYC.  The truck has never been offered separately before in any scale. The T Section type truck is most commonly found on NYC cabeese. A big thanks to those whom helped me ID the truck!

N SCALE:

This N scale 4 pack of T Type trucks were used heavily on NYC Cabooses.  This truck uses 33" wheels on 0.553" long axles from your favorite brand. After cleaning and painting the print, a little clean out of the axle pocket BY HAND with  105 Dremel engraving bit will have the axles rolling perfectly.  Designed to use an MT bolster pin.  The trucks can be ordered through the link below:

http://www.keystonedetails.com/keystone-customs/2020/1/13/n-scale-nyc-t-section-type-caboose-truck-4pk

HO SCALE:

This HO scale 2 pack of T Type trucks were used heavily on NYC Cabooses.  This truck was designed to use Kadee HO 33"  Wheelsets and a 2-56 mounting screw . After cleaning and painting the print, a little clean out of the axle pocket BY HAND with  107 Dremel engraving bit will have the axles rolling perfectly. The trucks can be ordered through the link below:

http://www.keystonedetails.com/keystone-customs/2020/1/13/n-scale-nyc-t-section-type-caboose-truck-4pk-pc6wh

Sharky_McSharknose

• Crew
  • Respect: +44
Re: Keystone Details release of NYC T Section Caboose Truck
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 03:17:53 PM »
+1
I'm almost finished building my AMB NYC 19000-series kit. These will be perfect to finish them.

prr7161

• Crew
  • Respect: +22
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 09:49:33 PM »
+1
Thanks for this, John!  Much needed for the AMB kits.

The Mon Valley in N Scale

ncbqguy

• Crew
  • Respect: +111
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 11:41:14 PM »
+1
Looking good!!
Suggest doing a coil spring version for regular freight cars.   More PFE reefers out there than cabooses that used them....
Charlie Vlk

Lemosteam

• Crew
  • PRR, The Standard Railroad of my World
  • Respect: +1285
    • Designer at Keystone Details
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 06:17:43 AM »
Looking good!!
Suggest doing a coil spring version for regular freight cars.   More PFE reefers out there than cabooses that used them....
Charlie Vlk

Thanks Charlie,

That could be a quick addition.  Did those also have the curved bottom stringer in the casting as well or was it more like the Bowser version that Bryan Bussey' showed in the other thread?

Brian M

• Crew
  • Respect: +117
    • Hudson Valley Lines
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 12:33:18 PM »
John,
Thanks for doing these and making them available in N.  I have a number of unbuilt Robert Ray kits and a couple of the AMB kits that will need these trucks.

Also, I assume you'd be ok with this, but I'll let the editor of the NYCentral Modeler know that you've made these available so he can include them in the next issue, as he has a section of the magazine dedicated to listing any new NYC models.

-Brian.

ncbqguy

• Crew
  • Respect: +111
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 03:28:08 PM »
Sorry for the delay in responding....a couple of health-related issues derailed train activity this week.
I could not find a good photo of the T-Section Bettendorfs under PFE cars but here is a decent shot of an SP Box Car.  The bottome profile is not curved as it is on the NYC caboose truck.  Also an ad for a HO Flat Car kit that uses the same truck.
Charlie Vlk

« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 07:30:39 PM by ncbqguy »