Author Topic: Dinner Trains  (Read 941 times)

Nato

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
Dinner Trains
« on: December 30, 2019, 07:08:27 PM »
                       :|With a bazillion passenger trains (sets) and cars I thought a dinner train on my branchline might be interesting,  remember the old "Star Clipper" dinner train. anyway two dining cars with a coach in between to represent a table car would be just the thing. A F Unit at each end. It could run up my branch,reverse directions and run back down, there is even a long passing siding (run a round track) at the top so it could get out of the way of the regular branch train. It would have to use F Units as they are classy looking, and no six axle power is used or allowed on my branch. It could be called "The Supper Chief" a name really used on a dinner train, or maybe "The Super Chef". In the early 1990's the railway (railway's) in Turkey wanted to attract more tourist business. I have filed away somewhere a brocheur I received from my local neighborhood travel agent for a train that lasted for about a year. The most interesting thing was it was called "The  Baba hanouj Restaurant Train" named for a food dish from Lebanon. Photos of the train as I recall showed nothing special a European looking locomotive and three nondescript cars. The interior's looked slightly gussied up. I thought it was interesting naming a train for a food item (dish) so we could have say "The Ham Hock and Beans" train or what ever.  (Nato).   :|

freedj

• Crew
  • Respect: +333
Re: Dinner Trains
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 07:51:39 AM »
That’s a fun idea For how to use some passenger equipment. I like the supper chief.