Author Topic: Trainworx Cascadia and 53-ft Trailers Have Arrived  (Read 10062 times)

mu26aeh

• Crew
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Trainworx Cascadia and 53-ft Trailers Have Arrived
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2020, 12:01:44 PM »
+1
Well, I dont want to miss out, so i ordered from Lombard.  Got the last 2 red raised roof versions.  So at least I have those, and if Hogtrainz order comes, I got some more or will probably be able to pay off my other order with those

sundowner

• Crew
  • Respect: +103
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2020, 02:14:10 PM »
The shipping at Lombard is way high $13 for a $18 n scale trailer. I will wait for MBK to post them
Which ever side of the track I am on is the right side.

mu26aeh

• Crew
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2020, 03:08:42 PM »
+1
The shipping at Lombard is way high $13 for a $18 n scale trailer. I will wait for MBK to post them

Yes, I thought so too, but i did get more than 1 item to help spread out the cost some.

H Lee

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2020, 06:29:59 PM »

And these two rigs showed up in my driveway.

Carter, The hood on this one, and several photos that a seller has posted on eBay, show models that seem to have hoods that do not completely close.

Could you check and see if there is a problem, or just a fluke that all the photos I mentioned seem to show the same thing.Thanks!!

jpwisc

• Crew
  • Respect: +1935
    • Skally Line Blog
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2020, 07:03:47 PM »

Carter, The hood on this one, and several photos that a seller has posted on eBay, show models that seem to have hoods that do not completely close.

Could you check and see if there is a problem, or just a fluke that all the photos I mentioned seem to show the same thing.Thanks!!

Yes, this is a known issue with an easy fix. I took a different approach and removed the nub under the aircleaner so I could keep the detail.
Karl
CEO of the WC White Pine Sub, an Upper Peninsula Branch Line.

mdeberg

• Crew
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2020, 08:46:56 PM »
I did as well!  :D

Yes, I thought so too, but i did get more than 1 item to help spread out the cost some.
Thank you,
Mike DeBerg

mu26aeh

• Crew
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2020, 09:27:57 PM »

The good is down, the driver just didnt hook the hood latches down 😁

cfritschle

• Crew
  • Respect: +284
    • N Scale Vehicle Association
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2020, 12:14:14 AM »

Karl posted the link to the "fix" in another forum, but before I saw that link, I had come up with another solution.  All I needed to do was remove a few scale inches from the top of each air cleaner rather than the entire air cleaner.  This message in the N Scale Vehicle Association's Groups.io discussion group includes the photos of the trucks after filing the top of the air cleaners. 

https://groups.io/g/NScaleVehicleAssociation/topic/trainworx_cascadia_and_53_ft/69282336?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,69282336

If anyone cannot access the message with the photos, let me know, and I can post the photos here as well.

Note: The photos at the beginning of this topic were taken before the fix.  I really hadn't noticed the hoods were not fitting just right until I looked at the photos. 
Carter

N Scale Vehicle Association
"For the modeler and collector of 1:160 scale model vehicles and equipment"
http://nscalevehicles.org/

H Lee

• Crew
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2020, 03:09:47 PM »
Karl posted the link to the "fix" in another forum, but before I saw that link, I had come up with another solution.  All I needed to do was remove a few scale inches from the top of each air cleaner rather than the entire air cleaner.  This message in the N Scale Vehicle Association's Groups.io discussion group includes the photos of the trucks after filing the top of the air cleaners. 

https://groups.io/g/NScaleVehicleAssociation/topic/trainworx_cascadia_and_53_ft/69282336?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,0,69282336

If anyone cannot access the message with the photos, let me know, and I can post the photos here as well.

Note: The photos at the beginning of this topic were taken before the fix.  I really hadn't noticed the hoods were not fitting just right until I looked at the photos.

Carter, Thanks for the info!!!!!

Missaberoad

• Crew
  • Ryan in Alberta
  • Respect: +989
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2020, 03:13:21 PM »
For anyone interested, a bunch of these have been posted to ebay. Seem to be at retail prices...
The Railwire is not your personal army.  :trollface:

mu26aeh

• Crew
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2020, 01:43:02 AM »
And just got an email saying something shipped from Hogtrainz.  Lombard order arrives Monday  :facepalm:

ljudice

• Crew
  • Respect: +238
    • NS/CR Camp Car Models
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2020, 02:31:07 PM »
Got a couple at Lombard - but did MBK ever post them???

mu26aeh

• Crew
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2020, 02:56:58 PM »
Got a couple at Lombard - but did MBK ever post them???

No, they have not.   Waiting until everyone else sells out, they can bump price a couple bucks and still be discount

basementcalling

• Crew
  • Respect: +652
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2020, 04:02:14 PM »
No, they have not.   Waiting until everyone else sells out, they can bump price a couple bucks and still be discount

Nah, they don't play that game. I'm assuming they didn't get enough to survive pre orders.

Got two boxes today, one from Hogtrainz and one from Lombard. Beautiful models.
Peter Pfotenhauer

ljudice

• Crew
  • Respect: +238
    • NS/CR Camp Car Models
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2020, 04:28:57 PM »
Did they take pre orders - -thought that was only for coming soon listings?