Author Topic: NS let's out the magic smoke on Horseshoe Curve  (Read 533 times)

mu26aeh

• Crew
  • Respect: +1117
NS let's out the magic smoke on Horseshoe Curve
« on: December 21, 2019, 01:33:08 AM »

Edit:  I replaced the deleted video with a new link, you can actually see the "explosion" just before the train enters the view.

And what the hell with the downvote ?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 05:23:10 PM by mu26aeh »

ai5629

• Crew
  • Respect: +127
Re: NS let's out the magic smoke on Horseshoe Curve
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 05:35:22 AM »
This video came across my You Tube feed last night.  I just shook my head after watching it.  There is an audio only video on You Tube also.  I enjoyed how calm and nonchalant the crew is when the call the NS Allegheny Dispatcher.  Sounds like another day in the office if you listen.

Jeff
Jeff Lopez

Hawghead

• Crew
  • Respect: +76
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 01:08:59 PM »
Conductor:  Our second unit is on fire.
Engineer:  Did you say our second unit?
Conductor: Yeah
Engineer:  Ah it's isolated anyway, we don't need it. (tone up dispatcher)
Dispatcher:  Dispatcher.
Engineer:  Yeah dispatcher you wanna have Mr. Goodwrench give me a call please.
Dispatcher:  Sure, what's the problem?
Engineer:  Second unit's on fire.  It's isolated and we're not using it for power, but I wanted to get it reported.
Dispatcher:  Second unit's on fire, but your not using it and you're still on the move.  I'll let em know. out.

:D

Scott
There's a prototype for everything.
If you can't make it perfect, make it adjustable.
DCC is not plug-n-play.

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +1387
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2019, 01:25:52 PM »
Went to re-listen to the recording, and... oops.

Video unavailable
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Virtual Railfan.

I'll remember to put Virtual Railfan on my "naughty" list if they ever approach me about my camera feed. In fact, I should probably check to see if they're stealing it already (which might explain my bandwidth issues at the server. :| )

Also... I wasn't going to say anything, but... there's a provision in FCC rules about divulging or acting on 3rd-party intercepts like this. Hearing it in real time or recording for personal review is one thing, but even quoting the content is agin' the law. Rarely enforced, but it's out there if somebody wants to lawyer-up and make a stink.
...mike

http://www.gibboncozadandwestern.com

Never trust anyone lacking a sense of humor.

Point353

• Crew
  • Respect: +472
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2019, 03:02:26 PM »
Went to re-listen to the recording, and... oops.

I'll remember to put Virtual Railfan on my "naughty" list if they ever approach me about my camera feed. In fact, I should probably check to see if they're stealing it already (which might explain my bandwidth issues at the server. :| )

Also... I wasn't going to say anything, but... there's a provision in FCC rules about divulging or acting on 3rd-party intercepts like this. Hearing it in real time or recording for personal review is one thing, but even quoting the content is agin' the law. Rarely enforced, but it's out there if somebody wants to lawyer-up and make a stink.
AFAIK, the Virtual Railfan video feeds are sourced only from equipment that they have set up and financed, so understandably they don't want someone else copying and reposting (and possibly benefiting from) what they consider to be their proprietary content. 
https://virtualrailfan.com/recording/

The video clip has now been posted to youtube by VR: