Author Topic: Bluford Shops December Announcement.  (Read 3201 times)

jpwisc

• Crew
  • Respect: +1935
    • Skally Line Blog
Re: Bluford Shops December Announcement.
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2019, 11:22:04 PM »
I figured it was a long shot, but I had to ask. Don’t forget the crazy Utah Belt fans out there. Undec CA-11s will find homes...
Karl
CEO of the WC White Pine Sub, an Upper Peninsula Branch Line.

mmagliaro

• Crew
  • Respect: +1780
    • Maxcow Online
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2019, 11:26:23 PM »
The SP&S had a bunch of wood bay window cabooses, and there are some readily available SP&S commercial engines (which satisfies your requirement of having available motive power to match)... the Atlas RS-1 is one example.

Just sayin'...  :-)

jpwisc

• Crew
  • Respect: +1935
    • Skally Line Blog
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2019, 12:57:01 AM »
The SP&S had a bunch of wood bay window cabooses, and there are some readily available SP&S commercial engines (which satisfies your requirement of having available motive power to match)... the Atlas RS-1 is one example.

Just sayin'...  :-)

The NP ran the same style cabooses. They are pretty awesome.
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Not my photograph
Karl
CEO of the WC White Pine Sub, an Upper Peninsula Branch Line.

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1569
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2019, 12:11:27 PM »
+1
The NP ran the same style cabooses. They are pretty awesome.
(Attachment Link)
Not my photograph

The NP built, I believe 90 of them, converting 36' Round Roof Boxcars and also built the SP&S's.
@hegstad1 shared a model that he had built from a hoped for kit by GHQ. 
But unfortunately, like many hoped for kits from GHQ, it's been all crickets.
There is a surviving example of an SP&S caboose at Camp 18 in Elsie, OR than can be seen in the background of this linked photo.

http://www.camp18restaurant.com/assets/website_images/equipment/Donkey-Caboose.jpg
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA

Ed Kapuscinski

• Global Moderator
  • Crew
  • Head Kino
  • Respect: +8040
    • Conrail 1285
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2019, 12:30:20 PM »

sirenwerks

• Crew
  • Respect: +351
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2019, 08:04:42 PM »
Craig,

Do you sell the 3-bay extended sides separately?
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

sirenwerks

• Crew
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2019, 09:42:29 PM »
+1
There is a surviving example of an SP&S caboose at Camp 18 in Elsie, OR than can be seen in the background of this linked photo.

http://www.camp18restaurant.com/assets/website_images/equipment/Donkey-Caboose.jpg

I'll be swinging through Elsie in the next week and can stop, weather permitting, for pics. Where it took more than 3 hours to get to the ocean when I lived in Maryland, it takes significantly less now, so the wee one and I go adventuring about on the road between Seaside and Tillamook and home scavenging for tidal pools, driftwood, seaglass, and pirate booty - makes for good father-daughter time when Mom's working, and there are some good burger joints we like.

Bluford Craig

• Crew
  • Respect: +114
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2019, 02:45:49 PM »
Craig,

Do you sell the 3-bay extended sides separately?
Do you mean the sides to the 3-bay offset side hoppers? The sides and ends are molded together. I might have a few around the RIP track at the office. Email me at Craig@Bluford-Shops.com and I'll have a look when I get back.

By the way, regarding the SP&S and NP wooden Bay Window cabooses, that was another one we looked at. There were one or two other roads that had similar cars but no where near enough to justify hard tooling. It's right in the zone for a Shapeways project though.

Craig
Bluford Shops

wazzou

• Crew
  • #GoCougs
  • Respect: +1569
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2019, 02:53:40 PM »
+1
By the way, regarding the SP&S and NP wooden Bay Window cabooses, that was another one we looked at. There were one or two other roads that had similar cars but no where near enough to justify hard tooling. It's right in the zone for a Shapeways project though.

Craig
Bluford Shops

Well, I have drawings.   :D
Bryan

Member of NPRHA, Modeling Committee Member
http://www.nprha.org/
Member of MRHA

Missaberoad

• Crew
  • Ryan in Alberta
  • Respect: +989
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2019, 04:02:53 PM »
Clearly Soo Line short and Long cabooses are most needed!  :D :D :D

**disclaimer** while I would be more the giddy, I do realize this is on my list of scratchbuilding projects  :D :D :D
The Railwire is not your personal army.  :trollface:

sirenwerks

• Crew
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2019, 04:31:29 PM »
Do you mean the sides to the 3-bay offset side hoppers? The sides and ends are molded together. I might have a few around the RIP track at the office. Email me at Craig@Bluford-Shops.com and I'll have a look when I get back.

Craig
Bluford Shops

Yes, those are what I meant. I have a slew of early release hoppers, loose and sets, in Midwestern road schemes which I have determined I won't be using, so I was thinking about adding extensions to turn them into woodchip cars, which I can use, and repainting them. Since they're one piece, it's more realistic to sell the old hoppers and buy undec woodchip cars. Unless you accept trade-ins?

Bluford Craig

• Crew
  • Respect: +114
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2019, 01:03:16 PM »

Yes, those are what I meant. I have a slew of early release hoppers, loose and sets, in Midwestern road schemes which I have determined I won't be using, so I was thinking about adding extensions to turn them into woodchip cars, which I can use, and repainting them. Since they're one piece, it's more realistic to sell the old hoppers and buy undec woodchip cars. Unless you accept trade-ins?
Oh! I'm sorry. You were talking about the woodchip extensions. That I don't have I'm afraid. We are working on a new run of those cars though. They can be seen here: http://bluford-shops.com/bluford_93_040.htm

Craig
Bluford Shops