Author Topic: CSX Hanover Subdivision 3.0  (Read 54015 times)

mu26aeh

• Crew
  • Respect: +3084
Re: CSX Hanover Subdivision 3.0 - A design discussion
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2020, 08:54:11 AM »
I have a feeling that wall will come out

mu26aeh

• Crew
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2020, 06:06:29 PM »
Round 2 of home design received and reviewed.  Got the OK from the general contractor to oversee the job.  Going to start talking to various contractors this week and started the renovation loan process.  Project beginning to pick up steam !

mu26aeh

• Crew
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2020, 07:57:48 PM »
Well, since covid-19 has taken over the state of PA, much of the United States for that matter, the layout will be put on hold indefinitely.  All construction is currently on hiatus across this great state of PA.  But you can still buy construction materials, just can't construct anything.  Makes perfect sense right ? 

wm3798

• Crew
  • I like models. She likes antiques. Perfect!
  • Respect: +5402
    • Western Maryland Railway Western Lines
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2020, 08:34:47 PM »
In Maryland, residential construction is still considered essential.  You could try hiring a contractor from Taneytown!
Lee
Rockin' It Old School

Lee Weldon www.wmrywesternlines.net

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2894
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2020, 09:40:23 PM »
All construction is currently on hiatus across this great state of PA.  But you can still buy construction materials, just can't construct anything.  Makes perfect sense right ?

buy the materials now cheap at Corona sale :)

MK

• Crew
  • Respect: +720
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2020, 09:44:11 PM »
Construction allowed in NJ.  Considered essential.

Steveruger45

• Crew
  • Respect: +524
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2020, 09:52:40 PM »
Construction allowed in NJ.  Considered essential.
Yeah, been to NJ a few times, might be a while before it’s finished though.
Steve

mu26aeh

• Crew
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2020, 11:46:45 AM »
In Maryland, residential construction is still considered essential.  You could try hiring a contractor from Taneytown!
Lee

I wonder if authorities would accept that my house/property identifies as a Maryland location ?  Works for .....  Nah, I won't say it.  You can finish the sentence

wm3798

• Crew
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2020, 06:05:55 PM »
+2
I don't understand why your governor shut down construction.  I mean, if ever there was a group of people that were socially distant...

But seriously folks, there are few industries that are as interwoven into the economy as mine is.  It's one of the reasons the 2007-9 recession was so devastating, we were clobbered.

Apart from my meager efforts scribbling on graph paper, everything from cinder blocks to appliances to tile to light bulbs is impacted by home construction, whether it's new stuff or remodels.  And don't even start me about labor.  If there's one area of blue collar work that can't be exported, it's residential construction.  Sure, we import a lot of labor... a wad of Benjamins and a Spanish phrase book will get a lot of work done... but that's because US kids would rather spend four years accumulating debt for an empty promise than lift a finger for a hard day's work.  But there are few predictors of where things are headed as thorough as housing starts.

Here's the good news.  So far, I'm busy, my builders are busy, and our customers are anxious to get started.  A far cry from the days of no-doc loans, fake money, and bloated borrowing.  We are experiencing a temporary interruption to our daily lives, necessary to keep people safe from something we are just beginning to understand.  We're hitting the pause button... a reset, if you will, but once we get the all clear, things should get back on track pretty quickly.

So yes, I'll finish your drawings!  You can still go file for a permit even if the industry is on hold for a moment.  You want to be in a good position once the yellow caution flag comes down and the race starts up again.

Lee
Rockin' It Old School

mu26aeh

• Crew
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2020, 10:17:33 PM »
Well we got a little movement out of governor possibly as I'm hearing excavation can now be part of the essential business in PA,  as it would fall under landscaping 🤣🤷‍♂️.  Now if I could get my mason to get me some answers, we might be moved up list a little bit

wm3798

• Crew
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2020, 10:35:37 PM »
Drawings will be done Saturday, if not sooner.  Can you check what the current local building code is that you're working under? 
Rockin' It Old School

mu26aeh

• Crew
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2020, 02:30:21 AM »
Drawings will be done Saturday, if not sooner.  Can you check what the current local building code is that you're working under?

Sent ya a PM

mu26aeh

• Crew
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2020, 04:28:52 PM »
Welp, Gov Wolf flipped and flopped like a fish out of water on excavating.  First it was no, then yes, then no then yes and part of landscaping.  Now it's no again, only available as emergency situations. 

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2894
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2020, 04:31:46 PM »
+1
Welp, Gov Wolf flipped and flopped like a fish out of water on excavating.  First it was no, then yes, then no then yes and part of landscaping.  Now it's no again, only available as emergency situations.

Just tell the Gov you are building an emergency railroad extension ..

mu26aeh

• Crew
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2020, 11:45:21 AM »
Governor set another temporary goal post.  Possibly May 8th he'll allow limited construction to resume.  I'm certain it will be full of hoops to jump and i's to dot, t's to cross and all the other red tape regulated to state dictat.. I meant government.