Author Topic: FVM ES44DC issues  (Read 849 times)

Hatchet

• Crew
  • Respect: +9
FVM ES44DC issues
« on: November 27, 2019, 10:20:47 PM »
Must be my month for decoder issues. Installed a Digitrax DZ126IN in my FVM ES44DC, and the engine runs as soon as I put it on the track but does not respond to the throttle. No lights either. Thinking I had installed it with pin 1 in the wrong slot, I reversed the decoder. This time, headlight illuminates but no throttle response. Haven’t changed any settings other than program to loco number. So is it a bad decoder, or am I not getting it seated correctly? There is a small amount of the pins still in view but didn’t want to push it in completely and wreck the decoder or board. Per Digitrax instructions, I wrapped kapton tape around the led leads to prevent any shorting there. Digitrax says make sure it’s not upside down and send it infor replacement.

Mark

samusi01

• Crew
  • Respect: +430
Re: FVM ES44DC issues
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 10:27:43 PM »
Digitrax info sheet (http://www.digitrax.com/media/apps/products/mobile-decoders/dz126in/documents/DZ126IN.pdf) shows correct orientation in the picture on page two, although the image itself is a DZ125IN. That is, pin 1 should be on the right side / engineer's side.

Basic question, but have you factory reset the decoder and seen the same results with default settings?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 10:29:35 PM by samusi01 »

Hatchet

• Crew
  • Respect: +9
Re: FVM ES44DC issues
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 10:47:35 PM »
I tried to factory reset with same results, but tomorrow will double check that I have pin 1 on the right side as you suggested. Thanks!