Author Topic: Merging roads into the backdrop.  (Read 2525 times)

nkalanaga

• Crew
  • Respect: +1326
Re: Merging roads into the backdrop.
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2019, 02:09:00 AM »
Thank you, Bob and Jim.  I have a new Win7 PC, that hasn't been set up yet, but part of the reason for keeping XP is the old programs.  I have no need for newer versions, so haven't bought them.  In fact, I still have an old Compaq Basic program, because XP didn't come with one!  My PC is just for my personal use, and I'm not what would be considered a "power user".

But, it looks like I will set up my new PC, and update to Win10, since it apparently isn't the security and privacy disaster some have made it to sound like.

I kept my XP updated, when it was updating, but didn't always take the non-critical updates.  In many cases, I didn't need them, or they looked like they'd break something I did need.  We had XP at work, even after Win7 came out, and the company kept it.  We were a bank data processing company, and consistency was more important than new features.  But we always kept the critical updates current there as well.  With the changes in banking, the local data centers are gone, and my job with them.  But my current XP was bought through them, and was set up to company standards.  It's been, and still is, a very good machine.  I've had it since 2008.
N Kalanaga
Be well

rochsub

• Crew
  • Respect: +253
    • The N Scale UPRR Geneva Subdivision
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2019, 07:42:41 AM »
Just wanted to add that I had a lot of fun merging the photos into the backdrop and appreciate the replies about the photos.

Daryl

rochsub

• Crew
  • Respect: +253
    • The N Scale UPRR Geneva Subdivision
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2019, 07:44:27 AM »
Here are mine:

On Windows 10  :trollface:

Perfect. Really helps the overall look of the scene.