Author Topic: Fox Valley at Trainfest  (Read 2977 times)

MetroRedLine

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
    • Union Pacific Vallealmar Subdivision (Facebook Page)
Re: Fox Valley at Trainfest
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2019, 04:24:05 PM »

Because the Rolland Industries containers have magnets on the floor and under the roof of the containers, and those magnets are aligned north pole up, I always align the magnets I install with the north pole up.  If you don't have any Rolland Industries containers, than the alignment of the magnets does not matter.

Excuse me for going on a tangent here, but whatever happened to Rolland? I bought a few of their containers when they first came out, they were actually pretty good (though lacking underside detail), and were a step up from the DI containers (which were the standard bearer for containers in the late'90s-00s), but it seems they've vanished from the face of the earth! They do have a website, and claim to have a full line of 20, 40, 45 and 53-foot containers, but no specifics anywhere. Anyone know the story?
Under the streets of Los Angeles

jagged ben

• Crew
  • Respect: +416
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2019, 06:35:44 PM »
Excuse me for going on a tangent here, but whatever happened to Rolland? I bought a few of their containers when they first came out, they were actually pretty good (though lacking underside detail), and were a step up from the DI containers (which were the standard bearer for containers in the late'90s-00s), but it seems they've vanished from the face of the earth! They do have a website, and claim to have a full line of 20, 40, 45 and 53-foot containers, but no specifics anywhere. Anyone know the story?

These appear to be them. 

Don't be fooled by then 1:150, see the pics with dimensions and do the math.  The pics without the white backgrounds appear identical to the Rollands I own.

I've been itching to place and order for some of the unique roadname offerings but feeling budgetarily constrained. 

Let me know if you take the dive and have success .

jereising

• Crew
  • Respect: +609
    • The Oakville Sub
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2019, 07:49:12 PM »
I bought some of the 53 footers this guy was selling, and they are bootlegs / duplicates / ripoffs of the JTC line (Yes, I told JTC).  I figure the guy either works or knows someone who works in the factory that does the JTC work...
Or he's rolling his own and it just happens to be an exact duplicate of JTC's work.
Jim Reising
Visit The Oakville Sub - A Different Tehachapi - at:
http://theoakvillesub.itgo.com/
And on Trainboard:
http://www.trainboard.com/grapevine/showthread.php?t=99466

MetroRedLine

• Crew
  • Respect: +156
    • Union Pacific Vallealmar Subdivision (Facebook Page)
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2019, 08:25:13 PM »
Okay, I'm being a Good Boy Scout here and not hijacking this Fox Valley thread. All the Rolland talk should go here, please feel free to copy/paste your existing replies for continuity's sake: https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=48333.0

And in the interest of continuing the Fox Valley thread: WE WANT WHEEL-SETS! <clap, clap, clap clap clap>
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 08:28:06 PM by MetroRedLine »
Under the streets of Los Angeles