Author Topic: Life-Like Parts?  (Read 1026 times)

diezmon

• Crew
  • Do they speak English in "What"?
  • Respect: +264
Life-Like Parts?
« on: November 13, 2019, 01:39:53 PM »
Is there an actual Life-Like parts department?  I searched Walthers, but didn't see anything. 

I'm looking for a LifeLike SW rear headlights.  I have bad luck keeping them around, apparently. 

cjm413

• Crew
  • Respect: +145
Re: Life-Like Parts?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 02:25:23 PM »
Is there an actual Life-Like parts department?  I searched Walthers, but didn't see anything. 

I'm looking for a LifeLike SW rear headlights.  I have bad luck keeping them around, apparently.

Those headlights did have bad luck staying attached to the shell...

Walthers sold the majority of their N scale line to Atlas, but I don't know if they retained any parts they had in stock for warranty purposes or if they were included as part of the sale.

diezmon

• Crew
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 02:26:05 PM »
Those headlights did have bad luck staying attached to the shell...

Walthers sold the majority of their N scale line to Atlas, but I don't know if they retained any parts they had in stock for warranty purposes or if they were included as part of the sale.

I actually looked at Atlas.. got nothin'   Lot's of other stuff I'd like to buy though ;)

Jim Starbuck

• Crew
  • Respect: +2097
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 02:29:47 PM »
Search Shapeways for the designer Wutter.
He has NW2 replacements in single beam, dual beam horizontal and dual beam vertical that my work for you.
Modutrak Iowa Division
Modutrak.com
Better modeling through peer pressure

narrowminded

• Crew
  • Respect: +743
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 02:44:20 PM »
+1
@diezmon  If this isn't able to be resolved and if a sample piece is available for dimensions I'm sure this can be printed by someone with a 3D printer.  I could take the request but wouldn't be able to work on it for a few weeks minimum.  Let me know if it reaches that point. 8)
Mark G.

diezmon

• Crew
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 04:07:06 PM »
@diezmon  If this isn't able to be resolved and if a sample piece is available for dimensions I'm sure this can be printed by someone with a 3D printer.  I could take the request but wouldn't be able to work on it for a few weeks minimum.  Let me know if it reaches that point. 8)

Thank you, sir!  I'll let you know. 

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4624
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2019, 04:39:51 PM »
+1
Yeah, Life-Like was acquired by Walthers and I used to get parts there.

But now with the Atlas deal I suppose that Atlas would be the place to look for parts.  As you said, they do not have any ex-Life-Like parts listed on their website (yet?), but it would be worth it to call them and speak to someone there who handles parts.  They all very friendly there and a phone call is usually much more productive and faster (for oddball requests like that) than trying to communicate via email.  In the past I have spoken to couple of guys there (Don Fidecaro and Steve Millenbach).  Actually I have to call them too, because I need some gears for one of their locos and they are also not listed on the website. I'm hoping they will have few odds-and-ends hanging around their repair shop.
. . . 42 . . .