Author Topic: Layout Progress: Best of Show for 2019  (Read 2888 times)

garethashenden

• Crew
  • Respect: +1238
Re: Layout Progress: Best of Show for 2019
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2019, 10:01:24 AM »
LIRR -Excellent bridge and river!  Do you have a layout engineering thread where you describe how you did this in more detail?  Also, the pine trees are really great as well - nice work!

They do: https://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=43128.0

Dave V

• Crew
  • Foothills Farm Studios -- Dave's Model Railroading
  • Respect: +8550
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2019, 11:05:57 AM »
+8
Essentially "finished" my 12 x 14 foot Rio Grande Southern First District HOn3 layout.

Also published in the 2019 HOn3 Annual.

Bob

• Crew
  • Respect: +545
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2019, 04:58:34 PM »
+6
2019 marked my first-ever attempt at scenery, and as covered in the CSX Cumberland Division blog under Layout Engineering Reports, I first tackled Duffields West Virginia, the site of a MARC station stop where Flowing Springs Road crosses the double-track mainline, with an abandoned store, a simple church, a run-down B&O depot built in 1839 (second oldest B&O depot still standing in the country), a few houses, and scenery that is not complicated: mix of forest and fields.  I first had to widen the scene to fit everything in, and below are the 'before' and 'after' shots.  Still much to do, but I am happy with how things are turning out.  I will post more photos and a more detailed description in the Layout Engineering thread.  Happy New Year to everyone, and thanks to all TRW members for their advice, paitence with questions, and excellent posts that provide many ideas.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

lock4244

• Crew
  • Respect: +583
    • My train pics
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2020, 11:10:35 PM »
Seeing this thread was a reminder of how little got done on the Oregon Joint Line this year.  These shots are from the Snowline siding scene I finished back in February.  It was the last big section of scenery to be completed on the layout other than the urban/industrial areas which I can't seem to get too excited about. And of course there were a few new Youtube videos which were very well received. 

/>

Fantastic layout and concept, Coldriver! Loved the layout tour video, very inspirational.