Author Topic: New Bowser N scale stuff  (Read 1842 times)

OldEastRR

• Crew
  • Respect: +287
New Bowser N scale stuff
« on: January 22, 2020, 10:02:21 PM »
Has anybody bought any of these? Sorry about the facebook link but you can scroll down the new posts to see the stuff they've got in N. Not sure what's on a sound decoder for a commuter coach .....

https://www.facebook.com/Bowsermfg/
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 12:16:35 AM by GaryHinshaw »

dem34

• Crew
  • Only here to learn through Osmosis
  • Respect: +1085
Re: New Bowser N scale stuff
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 12:01:04 AM »
Has anybody bought any of these? Sorry about the facebook link but you can scroll down the new posts to see the stuff they've got in N. Not sure what's on a sound decoder for a commuter coach .....

https://www.facebook.com/Bowsermfg/

Looks like its for the cab car, I imagine so you can give the car its horn and bell, and have DCC control of the marker lights, ditch lights, headlights etc.

Currently if you run the cab car on DCC all the lights come on at once regardless of running direction.
-Al

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5519
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 12:25:25 AM »
+1
First FB post has a link to their site...
https://www.bowser-trains.com/new/englishs2019.html

asarge

• Crew
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 08:31:37 AM »
Loads.   Cool!!

MK

• Crew
  • Respect: +720
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2020, 08:36:11 AM »
Oooo, I like the F-Unit snow plows!  And only $8.  :)

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
  • Respect: +988
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2020, 09:28:16 AM »
Loads.   Cool!!
I do wish they would show us what "2 pieces" means for some of those loads- a couple have captions that are helpful, but lets see a package outside of the car. Per the captions, in some cases "2 pieces" fills the car (where each "piece" has several units molded together), in other cases, you need 10 or 12 "pieces" to fill the car.

That said, those Sherman tanks (late model turret with long gun) seem to be a deal compared to some shapeways offerings I've seen.  According to the wiki, some stayed in service until 1957 with the US Army (National Guard?) and continued to be shipped to US allies- so is an appropriate load into my mid-50s timeframe.

Tom D.

I have a mind like a steel trap...a VERY rusty, old steel trap.

asarge

• Crew
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2020, 10:06:28 AM »
I do wish they would show us what "2 pieces" means for some of those loads- a couple have captions that are helpful, but lets see a package outside of the car. Per the captions, in some cases "2 pieces" fills the car (where each "piece" has several units molded together), in other cases, you need 10 or 12 "pieces" to fill the car.

That said, those Sherman tanks (late model turret with long gun) seem to be a deal compared to some shapeways offerings I've seen.  According to the wiki, some stayed in service until 1957 with the US Army (National Guard?) and continued to be shipped to US allies- so is an appropriate load into my mid-50s timeframe.

I don't know if I'll get the Sherman's but I'll be picking up some of the others.

u18b

• Crew
  • Respect: +1776
    • My website
Ron Bearden
CSX N scale Archivist
http://u18b.com

"All get what they want-- not all like what they get."  Aslan the Lion in the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S.Lewis.

OldEastRR

• Crew
  • Respect: +287
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2020, 08:00:33 PM »

I think it means the HO part comes as one piece, but the N scale part comes as two. Looking at the prices, $6 for each H4B container (N) sounds about right. Getting 5 for $6 isn't realistic. Also don't think you'd get two 2 and half containers as "2 pieces", The spacing between containers in all the cars isn't uniform, so again I'd say you're buying one unit at a time. For somebody who wants just one for a freight station scene that'd be great.

You can always write to them and ask for an explanation.

Cajonpassfan

• Crew
  • Respect: +1953
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2020, 09:19:49 PM »
Hmm, I like the plows... something similar in SoCal of all places, circa 1950.
Might have to order a set...

Otto K.

basementcalling

• Crew
  • Respect: +655
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2020, 11:08:22 AM »
Hmm, I like the plows... something similar in SoCal of all places, circa 1950.
Might have to order a set...

Otto K.

Thought UP used those style plows on the Spokane Sub up in northern Idaho.
Peter Pfotenhauer