Author Topic: K4 1361  (Read 685 times)

propmeup1

• Crew
  • Respect: +112
K4 1361
« on: September 29, 2019, 10:20:21 AM »
Last time I was at The Curve and the museum down town neither, Knew where the frame and wheels sets were for the 1361. In the roundhouse they have the boiler and tender plus most of the part laid out. That is pretty cool seeing it all on the floor and then you have to put it back together in your head. I could rebuild most of it.
     Point is , when I ask them at the museum where the frame is no one seems to know. The drivers were sitting outside a few years ago but they have moved on too. I'm sure it is in one of the shops but it's not at the museum with the rest of the engine.
    As a note: when I was there the last time I took the liberty of climbing in the water part of the tender just to see what it was like. I knew there would be baffles of some sort to keep the water from sloshing around, kind of like the JP-5 fuel tanks on the ship i served on. But i really wanted to see where the water came in from the scoop below. They had a plate bolted over the opening. From what I gather is the scoop has a shute that would rise more to the top of the inside of the tender.  I didn't see any vent tubes like the NYC tenders had so they would blow out their side while scooping at 75mph. Anyway it was all interesting.
    But I just wanted to know where the frame and drivers ended up.
Keith

Point353

• Crew
  • Respect: +722
Re: K4 1361
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 10:57:45 AM »
Ask Bennett Levin.

propmeup1

• Crew
  • Respect: +112
Re: K4 1361
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 01:00:41 PM »