Author Topic: GodHand Flush Cutter  (Read 2205 times)

C855B

• Crew
  • Respect: +2271
Re: GodHand Flush Cutter
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2019, 08:56:32 AM »

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5475
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2019, 12:41:03 PM »
Can't find it now, but there was a video of a guy running the print under warm water and then ripping the supports off. I do know hot water can bend a printed flatcar into a rainbow if you want.

ncbqguy

• Crew
  • Respect: +384
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2019, 01:09:19 PM »
+1
Nippers like this and others have their place.   But I’ve found where you are trying to remove delicate parts from heavy sprues or tight spaces no cutter is going to work because of the stresses induced by the blade separating the pieces being cut.  A sharp tipped X-Acto blade in a soldering pen does a better job by melting the sprues open which can be then trimmed up for use.   Nippers cannot free parts like InterMountain brake wheels which are closely surrounded by a heavy sprue.
Charlie Vlk

MK

• Crew
  • Respect: +718
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2019, 01:38:25 PM »
Why does almost anything Japanese have to have those creepy little animated characters on it? Even the most unrelated thing, like tools.

Thank goodness Kato doesn't put that stuff on their packaging.

Rant over

Tom L
Wellington CO

Oh yes they do!  :D

https://banzaihobby.com/train/kato-diesel-car-commuter-n/10-1281-girls-und-panzer-wrapping-train-2-car-set

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +7024
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2019, 02:42:48 PM »
Nippers cannot free parts like InterMountain brake wheels which are closely surrounded by a heavy sprue.

Very true. Which is why I often remove some of the surrounding sprue before trying to free the part by carefully slicing it with a thin cutoff wheel so as to relieve any stresses placed on the part. Thankfully not too many manufacturers do this annoying (and IMO unnecessary) sort of thing.