Author Topic: Slide switches  (Read 1235 times)

Hawghead

• Crew
  • Respect: +323
Slide switches
« on: August 26, 2019, 05:56:55 PM »
Anyone have a good source for SPDT and DPDT slide switches?  I need the full size ones, I can only seem to find the micro and minis.

Thanks,
Scott
There's a prototype for everything.
If you can't make it perfect, make it adjustable.
DCC is not plug-n-play.

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4593
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Slide switches
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 06:09:39 PM »
Anyone have a good source for SPDT and DPDT slide switches?  I need the full size ones, I can only seem to find the micro and minis.

Thanks,
Scott

I  suspect that https://www.digikey.com/ and/or https://www.mouser.com/ will  have the variety you need (and then some). These are large industrial electronic components distributors, and they have no minimum order requirements. I have been dealing with both for decades.  Each carries slightly different range of products, and between both, you can find almost anything.  But the search for that part you need might be a bit daunting (because of the huge selection available).
. . . 42 . . .

MK

• Crew
  • Respect: +720
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 08:23:55 AM »
You can also try eBay as slide switches are relatively cheap.

Hawghead

• Crew
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 11:01:41 AM »
I  suspect that https://www.digikey.com/ and/or https://www.mouser.com/ will  have the variety you need (and then some). These are large industrial electronic components distributors, and they have no minimum order requirements. I have been dealing with both for decades.  Each carries slightly different range of products, and between both, you can find almost anything.  But the search for that part you need might be a bit daunting (because of the huge selection available).

Thanks,

I went to C&K and found what I was looking for (I think), they have a great search function with data sheets and even 3D models.  They appear to be more of a wholesaler though, so I went to digikey and found the C&K part number and ordered one through them.  I only ordered one to make sure it will fit my needs.  I'm planning on using them for turnout control and frog power, thanks again.

Scott
DCC is not plug-n-play.

Hawghead

• Crew
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 11:04:27 AM »
You can also try eBay as slide switches are relatively cheap.

The problem with ebay is I had certain specifications for switch I'm looking for, like switch throw distance and height of the actuator.  Ebay's sellers often do not provide detailed descriptions of their products.

Thanks,
Scott
DCC is not plug-n-play.

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4593
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 04:36:33 PM »
Thanks,

I went to C&K and found what I was looking for (I think), they have a great search function with data sheets and even 3D models.  They appear to be more of a wholesaler though, so I went to digikey and found the C&K part number and ordered one through them.  I only ordered one to make sure it will fit my needs.  I'm planning on using them for turnout control and frog power, thanks again.

Scott

I'm glad you found what you were looking for.  Yes, I believe that C&K is the manufacturer of switches and other electromechanical components.  Digikey is a dealer.  Digikey also has extensive documentation available for the  items the sell (which comes from, or is linked  directly to the manufacturer)..
. . . 42 . . .