Author Topic: Reading Company Technical and Historical Society  (Read 1019 times)

Bfagan

• Crew
  • Respect: +61
Reading Company Technical and Historical Society
« on: August 24, 2019, 06:27:16 PM »
The Reading Company Technical and Historical Society is an organization dedicated to the preservation of the Reading Railroad.  The modular group includes members interested in preserving the Reading through modeling.

The HO scale layout consists of modules, mostly four or six feet in length, that highlight scenes once found along the Reading Railroad.  Features include bridges, tunnels, rail yards, engine facilities, industries, agriculture, parks and recreation, and passenger operations.

Being of modular design, the layout is flexible and can be assembled in lengths from 60 to 140 feet.  The width is fixed at 4 feet and the height is three feet.  The layout is DCC controlled and consists of a double track mainline with operating signals.

These videos was taken at the Greenberg Train Show in Oaks PA on August 24,2019 and used with the permission of the RTHS.

Westbound:     
/>
Eastbound:   
/>
Flyover:   
/>
Slideshow:   
/>

propmeup1

• Crew
  • Respect: +112
Re: Reading Company Technical and Historical Society
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 10:19:48 PM »
I was born in Reading and lived there till i went in the navy in 79. I love the railroad and remember the roundhouse. I was 7 when they took it down. I remember they had T1s 2100, 2101 & 2102 in there.    The people RCT&HS do a wonderful job keeping the RDG history alive. Go check out their yard in Hamburg, PA. The HO layout isn't set up there. i believe you can only find that at the shows but i'm not positive about that. The layout is pretty awesome in itself.

Hawghead

• Crew
  • Respect: +323
Re: Reading Company Technical and Historical Society
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 03:55:12 PM »
Nice layout, but they still need some work on the signals.  At about 6.08 in the first video, the train passes a clear block then runs through the crossover switch lined against them.

Scott
There's a prototype for everything.
If you can't make it perfect, make it adjustable.
DCC is not plug-n-play.