Author Topic: Ztrack offering REA transfer warehouse kits  (Read 3940 times)

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4595
    • Coming (not so) soon...
Re: Ztrack offering REA transfer warehouse kits
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2019, 06:43:34 PM »
This is pretty funny ..... Walthers makes kits in HO but not the same in N because ....?
Z scale has structures and kits that aren't made in N scale because ......?
There's no market for the N scale versions?????
Sometimes things in N are just so funny they make me cry. That's what I get for being in the "wrong" scale.

Man, you are grumpy!
Unlike Walthers, a multi-scale manufacturer, Ztrak is a Z-scale specifc manufacturer.  There is nothing inherently sinister with Ztrak only making Z scale items. While it would be nice if they offered this kit in N scale, I wouldn't expect it.    You are not in the "wrong"scale. You just like to constantly gripe about how you get no love from the manufacturers, while most other modelers say that this is the "golden age" of N scale.  We do have more N scale products available now than ever before. Cheer up mister!
. . . 42 . . .

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5508
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2019, 06:45:27 PM »
This is pretty funny ..... Walthers makes kits in HO but not the same in N because ....?
There's no market for the N scale versions?????
Sometimes things in N are just so funny they make me cry. That's what I get for being in the "wrong" scale.

Learn CAD or some other drawing program. Make a file and send it to a someone with a laser. Boom any thing you want is possible.

Cajonpassfan

• Crew
  • Respect: +1953
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2019, 06:52:13 PM »
+1
I feel your pain, @OldEastRR, this is a beautiful kit that would look as good or better in N scale.
Not inexpensive though, ouch. To make the price of it more palatable, one could perhaps make it twice as long by using the back wall(s) up front and substitute a blank wall toward the backdrop? I’ve doubled up some of my structures this way...
Otto K.

DKS

• The Pitt
  • Crew
  • Respect: +7024
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2019, 07:03:17 PM »

...because the manufacturer is Z Track. Get it?

Plus, there are loads and loads of structures available in N Scale that Z Scale doesn't have, and probably never will. So what's the big deal?

I sometimes think your mission in life is to gripe.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 12:15:00 PM by DKS »

thomasjmdavis

• Crew
  • Respect: +986
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2019, 07:13:32 PM »
I feel your pain, @OldEastRR, this is a beautiful kit that would look as good or better in N scale.
Not inexpensive though, ouch.
Otto K.
Seems reasonable in an age when Walthers wants $39.95 for a bungalow.
Tom D.

I have a mind like a steel trap...a VERY rusty, old steel trap.

ztrack

• Crew
  • Working to drive Z to all new levels!
  • Respect: +233
    • Ztrack
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2019, 08:55:11 PM »
What material is this kit made of? No matter what material, it is a very impressive kit.

The kit is made from architectural card stock. I have been building these types of kits for years. The Europeans have really excelled at using this material for kit construction. The architectural version is SO much better than earlier versions. It is quite hard and robust. It has an amazing feel. This texture is almost wood / resin like. The material allows the colors to be naturally muted and have a nature tone about them.

I wish you guys could have a chance to hold this kit. It is amazing how heavy it is. I was handing it to folks at the NTS to hold. They were amazed. And yes my N scale friends, this kits would be amazing in your scale!

I am already working on a new line of kits for Z. Z really needs structures. That is one area we lack.

The following is a review of these type of kits from a fellow Z scaler. He is not affiliated with us.

For any of you who are not familiar with Archistories kits here is my take on the subject.  The REA building and Archistories kits in general:  This is a magnificent looking structure from the images I have seen and there is no doubt in my mind that this will be a wonderful addition to your layout.  I am currently working on my second Archistories kit, the Wolkenstein Station, and there is no disappointment from me in the quality of their kits.  I loved the look of the station from the beginning and had to have it and yes I paid a higher price than what you could probably find for another station but the quality of the kit is worth so much more to me. 

In general, Archistories kits are:

"Laser cut using "architectural grade card stock".
The "card stock" parts are pre-colored using a high quality color process. No additional coloring needed.
The kit details are truly amazing and the construction fit is much better than the tolerances found in most molded plastic kits.
These are high quality kits that rival most plastic kits in fit, looks and feel. These are not your "ordinary paper kits".

Does the price for the kit seem high?  Maybe to some but at the end of the day it all boils down to "you get what you pay for".  A shameful plug for the REA building kit, probably but as I said before I am confident you won't be disappointed."

Read more: http://azlforum.com/thread/1468/orders-rea-transfer-warehouse#ixzz5uAtKByuE

Rob
Z, turning N on it's side since 1972
www.ztrack.com
www.ztrackcenter.com
www.ztrackresale.com

Whistlepig

• Respect: 0
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2019, 01:57:52 PM »
I love it. I've got ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZika!

nscalbitz

• Crew
  • Respect: +48
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2019, 09:44:30 PM »
Not inexpensive though, ouch. To make the price of it more palatable, one could perhaps make it twice as long by using the back wall(s) up front and substitute a blank wall toward the backdrop? I’ve doubled up some of my structures this way...
Otto K.

Yes Otto,
Even in Z I'd probably buy it  :o , assuming I had a layout, and put it at the backdrop with a little ground floor height adjustment so those damn REA service cars could hide/ be transferred off the incoming CB&Q trains.
cheers d

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5508
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2019, 10:32:51 PM »
It looks like the outer layer is brick colored and the mortar is laser cut leaving it a natural color. If so that is lot of laser time and could reflect the cost.

Sokramiketes

• Crew
  • Better modeling through peer pressure...
  • Respect: +1241
    • Modutrak
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2019, 02:43:33 PM »
+5
Way cool kit!  The best build I've seen in HO was John Pitts.  Here's some inspiration for an avid Z scaler to mimic:

ztrack

• Crew
    • Ztrack
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2019, 07:44:17 PM »
Nice!!!! Love the details!!!
www.ztrack.com
www.ztrackcenter.com
www.ztrackresale.com

ztrack

• Crew
    • Ztrack
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2019, 10:00:58 PM »
It looks like the outer layer is brick colored and the mortar is laser cut leaving it a natural color. If so that is lot of laser time and could reflect the cost.

Chris you are dead on! I just received the kits on Friday. Take a look at the image I attached. The bricks are indeed etched down. The substrate is a lighter color which then gives the appearance of mortar. This is some pretty fine work, especially when you consider it is Z scale and this is a larger building!

I included the pager clip for scale.
www.ztrack.com
www.ztrackcenter.com
www.ztrackresale.com

ztrack

• Crew
    • Ztrack
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2019, 09:05:49 PM »
+4
I wanted to share a few photos of the completed REA kit from Joshua Murrah. He is the fist we know of to use the extensions. Wow, this looks nice! I love the length! The lighting is a great touch!
www.ztrack.com
www.ztrackcenter.com
www.ztrackresale.com

rslaserkits

• Crew
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2019, 02:33:05 PM »
+1
Great looking Kit Rob, bin trying to find that material over here and no luck so far.
Here's a shot of what can be done in Z as for detail for those that think you can only do it in HO or larger
rich

nscalbitz

• Crew
  • Respect: +48
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2019, 06:02:06 PM »
I wanted to share a few photos of the completed REA kit from Joshua Murrah. He is the fist we know of to use the extensions. Wow, this looks nice! I love the length! The lighting is a great touch!

But not an REA express car in sight!
WTH  :facepalm:
d