Author Topic: NSE Chicago  (Read 8793 times)

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4229
    • www.bbussey.net
Re: NSE Chicago
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2019, 12:15:35 PM »
+3
Walthers — no specifics given.

Portec auto rack — still working out issues. Two get solved, another pops up.  We are much closer to the end than the beginning, but no announcements until we know for sure. Here’re some bones: the pre-printed stainless steel wrapper will be pre-folded to shape; the model will ride on the new ESM trucks; the kit will include MTL couplers; detail parts will be polyurethane resin and not 3D printed; and it’s looking very strongly that MTL will be printing the wrappers.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 12:23:06 PM by bbussey »
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

sirenwerks

• Crew
  • Respect: +351
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2019, 01:32:19 PM »

This looks promising. I want to see more...
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4613
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2019, 02:45:46 PM »

The walls look good, but it is the windows (with all those thin metal muntins) which will make or break the model's realism.  Photoetched metal windows would probably be the best way to model thew window muntins (or maybe muntins printed on clear plastic), but that is not something I would expect Lunde Studios to use.
. . . 42 . . .

ljudice

• Crew
  • Respect: +238
    • NS/CR Camp Car Models
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2019, 03:49:55 PM »
Thanks, Bryan!

sirenwerks

• Crew
  • Respect: +351
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2019, 06:35:59 PM »
In looking at the pic a second time, I think it is rotated 90 degrees. It's current orientation shows an offset window position, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I wish we could get a simple curtain wall without string courses. You don't see a lot of string course use in industrial architecture after, like, the 20s, and then it was usually concrete, not brick. Same with the vertical buttress columns.

Can anyone convince him to give us just a solid brick sheet, no smaller that 11"x 14" to do decent-sized structures in one piece?
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Ike the BN Freak

• Crew
  • Respect: +81
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2019, 07:35:28 PM »
Thanks Bryan, I'm looking forward to the Portec racks

Gozer the Gozerian

• Crew
  • Respect: +1102
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2019, 03:49:52 PM »
+3
It was a quick breakfast this year because most of the manufacturers are still recovering from the Affa dissolution.  Everyone at this point has found new homes in China for their tooling.  They did announce generally that products finally will begin appearing later this summer, but nearly all of the new products were those previously announced and scheduled to appear before Affa closed.  I wasn't paying that much attention because I knew ahead of time what would be discussed. Among the somewhat new stuff that was announced: Kato did formally announce the 20CL (E7A & B) and Big Boy.  ESM announced the ASF trucks but that was revealed here previously.  Atlas covered the items announced in the latest digital catalog.  MTL talked about the TBOX (they didn't mention the SWC but tooling is complete and it will follow the TBOX next year).  IC heavyweight set was on display at Swap-a-rama, looked very nice.  FVM said wheels will start flowing soon and that undec ex-RC parts/kits will be available soon.  NSK listed a lot of new items, I don't remember any of them, they should be on the website.  Walthers is making more buildings.  Lowell Smith announced new schemes on the passenger cars.  WOT and Digitrax were not present.  BLI was not present even though they were at the Swap-a-rama with the P70 and Cryo tank samples, production finished on both, early July delivery on the tanks, August delivery on the P70.  There were others who spoke but I don't remember what was said.  It was over by 9:30a.

Clarification...  The single window coach will be released late Fall and the TBOX will follow next spring.

Joe

Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor!

Chris333

• Crew
  • Respect: +5515
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2019, 04:11:44 PM »
I could test a few... just sayin'  :D

bbussey

• Crew
  • Respect: +4229
    • www.bbussey.net
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2019, 05:49:36 PM »
Clarification...  The single window coach will be released late Fall and the TBOX will follow next spring.

Even better. I was going by what the boss told me.  8)
Bryan Busséy
NHRHTA #2246
NSE #1117
www.bbussey.net

squirrelhunter

• Crew
  • Respect: +165
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2019, 05:53:56 PM »
Joe,

Are yall still looking for schemes for the single window coach?

John

• Administrator
  • Crew
  • Respect: +2896
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2019, 06:32:47 PM »
Maybe this video will give you some relief from the symptoms:

Spotted Tim Nixon a couple of times . 8:19 and 12:40 something .. very informative video

gbcaboose

• Crew
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2019, 10:00:37 PM »
Nice video! I really like the GM&O love at the beginning.

Mike