Author Topic: Alert!!! Good Guy Alert  (Read 1731 times)

thd610

• Respect: +5
Alert!!! Good Guy Alert
« on: June 22, 2019, 11:50:47 PM »
+5
Hi,
A few days ago I requested help with a discontinued Kato part. Rasputin quickly responded and today I received what I needed. The people on Railwire are great.

Thanks

learmoia

• Crew
  • Respect: +908
Re: Alert!!! Good Guy Alert
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 11:56:17 PM »
Yep the people here are pretty swell..

@peteski just found a part I needed as well..

I just sent a Kato 2-8-2 drive to @mike_lawyer for one of his projects and I sent Bachmann F Horns to @wm3798

Years of N scale experience means years of odds and ends in parts bins.... cause..(you never know when you might need it..)

~Ian
~Ian

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4613
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 12:51:43 AM »
Yep the people here are pretty swell..

@peteski just found a part I needed as well..

I just sent a Kato 2-8-2 drive to @mike_lawyer for one of his projects and I sent Bachmann F Horns to @wm3798

Years of N scale experience means years of odds and ends in parts bins.... cause..(you never know when you might need it..)

~Ian

Good to see TRW peeps "passing it forward".  Between parts swaps, custom decals, 3D printed parts, or whatever is needed, we sure have one helpful bunch of like-minded and very helpful modelers here.

And you're right about all those odds-n-ends stashed away - combined we have huge stash of vintage (and no so vintage) model train parts.

BTW, I have not seen "swell" used in this context for quite some time.  But I head it used this way last night on an episode of 77 Sunset Strip.  :)
. . . 42 . . .

propmeup1

• Crew
  • Respect: +112
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 08:25:40 AM »
I find people hare are very helpful too, thank you for that.  Also I been in N since I was seven in 1968. Still have my first engine and tank car but as mentioned above, an assortment of parts I've collected in 51 years. I could do like many shops have done with an apprentice program.  Scratchbuild a complete loco with parts.

johnb

• Crew
  • Respect: +891
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 01:29:51 PM »
Good to see TRW peeps "passing it forward".  Between parts swaps, custom decals, 3D printed parts, or whatever is needed, we sure have one helpful bunch of like-minded and very helpful modelers here.

And you're right about all those odds-n-ends stashed away - combined we have huge stash of vintage (and no so vintage) model train parts.

BTW, I have not seen "swell" used in this context for quite some time.  But I head it used this way last night on an episode of 77 Sunset Strip.  :)

peteski

• Crew
  • Honorary Resident Curmudgeon
  • Respect: +4613
    • Coming (not so) soon...
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2019, 01:36:19 PM »
Perfect!
I Love Lucy is such a classic sitcom!
. . . 42 . . .

johnb

• Crew
  • Respect: +891
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2019, 01:45:38 PM »
Hi,
A few days ago I requested help with a discontinued Kato part. Rasputin quickly responded and today I received what I needed. The people on Railwire are great.

Thanks
glad to hear this

w neal

• Crew
  • Respect: +483
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2019, 09:47:08 PM »
+1
In my opinion, ya just gotta love a guy who brings us a Vista Cruiser in N scale. I mean, how do you not like a guy with that kind of character? He is good people.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 09:50:33 PM by w neal »
Buffering...

CRL

• Crew
  • Needs More Dirt.
  • Respect: +626
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2019, 09:56:25 PM »
In my opinion, ya just gotta love a guy who brings us a Vista Cruiser in N scale. I mean, how do you not like a guy with that kind of character? He is good people.
Maybe we’ll finally see Donna nekid.  :D