Author Topic: Can you select between already-included horns in LokSound V4.0 projects?  (Read 988 times)

amtrak706

• Respect: 0
Hi all, new member here.

I am trying to figure out how to switch between horns in a V4.0 project. With a Select, CV48 changes the active horn, bell, and prime mover selection:
https://ibb.co/Gcf7yr6

In the V4.0 version of the same sound project, however, this control is still there but does not appear to do anything, so I am not sure how to select the other included horns. I can see their .wav files loaded into the project, so I know they are there:
https://ibb.co/PD2h1rM

And yes, I do know that I can just move horns into the project from the template, but the horns in this particular project are not in the template at all, as is the case for many of the more recent projects. There are RS5Ts and S5Ts in the template but they are different versions than the one included in the SD60E project.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 02:19:57 AM by amtrak706 »

riogrande491

• Crew
  • Respect: +6
    • Prototype and model railroad photography
Horn selection was moved to CV163, accepting values from 0 to 15. This can be confirmed in LokProgrammer 5.0.7 by selecting Decoder then Sound slot settings. It is a bit misleading as the horn selection is called both by SoundCV9:Horn and CV163. We need to change CV163.

Bob

jdcolombo

• Crew
  • Respect: +925
Horn selection was moved to CV163, accepting values from 0 to 15. This can be confirmed in LokProgrammer 5.0.7 by selecting Decoder then Sound slot settings. It is a bit misleading as the horn selection is called both by SoundCV9:Horn and CV163. We need to change CV163.

Bob

I think this is only for LokSound 5 files.

For the LokSound 4, changing horns requires some more serious programming via the LokProgrammer.  I think you may have to substitute completely new horn sounds in the sound file, but I'm not sure - I haven't worked much with the V4.

John C.

amtrak706

• Respect: 0
I called ESU a while back and it turns out there is no way to access the alternate horns from the Select version without reconstructing the sound schedules. So I ended up re-doing the sound schedule for every single horn and bell they ever made that wasn't available either in Template 1.9 or as a default option in a V4.0 file. Now I have my own unofficial Template 2.0!